Street Cup On the Way

Ulvetanna_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Planning to pick it up tomorrow. I was very curious what Triumph had to offer. I liked it. So I made a deal. This bike is just beautiful in every way. The build quality is superb, it's not too heavy, about 470 wet, I guess. 5-speed tranny, traction control, ABS, ride-by-wire, comes with Pirelli Phantom tires, price was right. I'll figure out if I want to keep the CB1100 later, I'm trading in an FZ8.
[attachment=5786]
[attachment=5787]
[attachment=5788]
 
Pretty bike. Hi torque 900cc motor right? Should be grunty out of tight corners.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Very cool bike, congrats! If that exhaust sounds anything like a Street Twin's, you won't want to wear ear plugs!

I agree, the ST has one of the best stock exhaust sounds in all of motorcycledom. Better than the Thruxton out of the box. Hope you enjoy it, Ulve!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks, gents. I just saw it, sat on it, and HAD to have it. It was that simple. Sometimes you just know. I think the pipes might be a bit throatier, they're different.

I am extremely interested in seeing how this bike performs. Single front disk gave me pause (a terrible pun, I know) but it's 310mm, I hear it's more than up to the task.

I'll be checking out the traction control and ABS, with that much torque I am sure the TC will be kicking in frequently.

This thing just felt right on every level.
Capo_imp said:
Sweet bike, you are on a roll, man!
I don't even want to hear any "I told you so's"...as far as the CB1100, no reason to think of getting rid of it, I'll see how the two bikes complement one another. If I really think the Honda is redundant I'll put it up for sale next spring, or perhaps do some other kind of deal.

I think one positive aspect of the new release CB1100 is that it should help the resale value of the older models, since they'll seem like a better value to someone with sticker shock.
 
I obviously haven't ridden the Cup, but the single disk on the ST was fine for the mission at hand, but not spectacular. I think you'll find the tires to be the limiting factor. I had Sport Demons on my V7 Classic. The single Brembo seemed to be a reasonable match to the tire's capability and the bike's mission.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I obviously haven't ridden the Cup, but the single disk on the ST was fine for the mission at hand, but not spectacular. I think you'll find the tires to be the limiting factor. I had Sport Demons on my V7 Classic. The single Brembo seemed to be a reasonable match to the tire's capability and the bike's mission.
That was just my thinking. I will ride two-up or with any significant luggage, just a tank bag with a few items. I'm 140 pounds so the bike is not going to be overwhelmed.

I see this as the perfect motorcycle for where I live, the Los Angeles area.
 
Congratulations Ulvetanna. Good looking bike, that.

I assume you'll NOT be riding 2 up?
 
Nice looking rig Ulve. A friend down Cape Cod has 130k on his Thruxton, so you should like it a lot. He's been across the country off the highways several times. Comfy as a clam he said. By the way, he only did his valves at 50 and 100k and they were not terrible, so don't get overly anxious about that. Very good motors.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Looks like a fun bike. Might make it onto my "If I Had Room and Resources" list.
I believe we all of us have a list like that, lol.:beerchug:
holy666diver_imp said:
Dude how many bikes do you have???
As a retired old fart I have been rather irrationally making too many purchases in the last few years, but I am going to be selling a few and downsizing now. I just have not been trading them in so I've got more than I need or can really ride.
Cormanus_imp said:
Congratulations Ulvetanna. Good looking bike, that.

I assume you'll NOT be riding 2 up?
Never, but the cowling can be removed and it does have passenger pegs. The shocks are longer than the Street Twin's for more cornering clearance and it has solid aluminium pegs as compared to the rubber-covered items on the ST. The cowling is a nice touch as is the fly-screen but mostly cosmetic.
Cormanus_imp said:
Thanks for that!
Cormanus_imp said:
The way the design and engineering are discussed is exactly my assessment; Triumph have nailed the heritage look while providing a thorougly modern motorcycle. The service intervals are 10,000 miles between oil changes, believe it or not. This has got to be down to superior engineering, tolerances, and materials. Liquid-cooling is the basis for this. Not that the CB1100 is lacking in durability, but having the longer intervals means less time and money expended, which is nice.

The article's take on the function of the bike is exactly what I figured when I sat on it; great for backroad scratching, but no problem for the occasional open-road high-mileage jaunt. The suspension and brakes are up to task, the rearsets and longer shocks giving me the cornering clearance I'm looking for, while being able to keep it mostly in one gear.

Glad they said all that, instills some confidence in the purchase.
 
Sweet.
I loved my '12 "cafe'd" Bonnie, this reminds me a lot of that bike.
If you're not already a member of the Triumph R.A.T. forum, I'd highly recommend it!
 
Did you watch the youtube vid of the TEC slip on mufflers for this bike? Wow what a cool "tone" (that was for Nemo lol). They also fit his son's bike.
 
You are my hero, I looked at it, I wanted it, I bought it.
We will all be dead a long time, if you can afford it go for it. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top