stock mirrors

OldF7Guy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I am just wondering who is happy with them and whom is not? My personal preference is a rectangular mirror like on my Nighthawk. The CB1100 mirrors to me are borderline sticking out far enough. I put extensions on my 750 Nighthawk mirrors and I feel like I can see about twice as much out of them compared to the CB11.

And then there is looks and preferences again. I love love love the CB500F mirrors on the 1100 but have been unwilling to cough up the dough to make it happen but they look fantastic imo. Forum member Headbanger has them and man they just look right. PLus he had the red side covers which just sets the whole thing off.

Are you happy with the stock setup?
 
Yep I am totally happy with my stock mirrors,

but I think the mirrors the_undecider has for sale in the classifieds look real nice on the bike
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Yep I am totally happy with my stock mirrors,

but I think the mirrors the_undecider has for sale in the classifieds look real nice on the bike

Appreciate the tip on that. I looked and it appears to me those mirrors dont extend out as far as the stock ones. I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the CB500F mirrors to make me happy but I always like to check and see if there may be a shortcut for less money. Im frugal (as Ferret says) but in real life I am a flat out cheapskate on certain things. :rofl::biker:
 
I switched over to the 500F mirrors and now see much better what's behind me. I recall paying around $65.00 (+ shipping) for the pair from PartsFish.com.
 
I love the stock mirrors. They are dead ringers for cb750 mirrors, are they not? But even if not, they appear to be well designed, retro and look right on this retro bike. But, the CB 1100 can be a blank canvas and you can paint your own dream.
 
Opinions will vary on how stock mirrors look on the CB, but the view with the 500F mirrors is Much better. I like the look of both, but will keep the 500Fs on.
 
I like the stock lollipops. And considering the sport bike mirrors I've had in the past, the view these provide is phenomenal. It's so nice to see something other than my elbows!
 
I don't want to sidetrack this tread, but does anyone with stock mirrors use one of those convex stick on mini mirrors witht them? I was thinking that a little bit of wide-angle could be helpful. If so, where'd you get it?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Noted..plus is that a pot pipe he's mounted the light on?
If it is, I'm sure he's suffering from glaucoma or some other similar ailment and has a doctor's recommendation for the use of any substance that might be smoked from such a device. Ah...see, you did it. You're a quick study, you are.

Back to your regularly scheduled program ...

Stock mirrors. Love 'em? Hate 'em? Can't wait to change 'em?
 
Stock mirrors are fine. Until they are not. After riding the Griso (low funky Italian shaped gizoms) the stock CB mirrors seemed like bug antenna with shiny bobs on the end. Went with the 500F mirrors (and I can still look back :angel:).

Like changing your haircut, the basic bike is unchanged, but it looks better now. Perhaps more Italian. Gawd I hope it doesn't look like Chip Beck..... :)
 
I have the 500F and prefer them over stock on my '13....but I've occasionally been tempted to buy the '14 mirrors. The change isn't dramatic, but they're somewhat lower, and tone down the "bug antenna" look quite a bit.
 
Back
Top