Stock exhaust or aftermarket header?

milkmaster_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Bought my CB1100 this past spring. I always loved the sound of a Honda inline 4, but my current Cobra header gets a bit louder when the exhaust system gets hot. Too loud and sounding like a sport bike is not a desirable feature for me. I am thinking about going back to the stock exhaust. Tell me why this is a good or bad idea if all I want is to quieten the bike down a little.
 
That looks good on the CB.
I do not want my bike too loud like a HD, bit louder doesn't bother me.
One member has OEM, almost brand new muffler for sale ????
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Because you don't wish to sound like a tricked out Subaru?
I like my tricked out subaru thank you very much!.. with its muffler deletes and WRX midpipe lol

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Because you don't wish to sound like a tricked out Subaru?
I like my tricked out subaru thank you very much!.. with its muffler deletes and WRX midpipe lol

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hey, what? ... Where did that voice come from? :huh:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Because you don't wish to sound like a tricked out Subaru?
I like my tricked out subaru thank you very much!.. with its muffler deletes and WRX midpipe lol

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hey, what? ... Where did that voice come from? :huh:
Hey, what? ... Where did that voice come from? :huh:
a742cbb31ae31a22544f2a7cb50396f9.png


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Stock exhaust for me. The silencer is a tad larger than it needs to be though.
 
I'm still waiting to grab a Mizuno full exhaust. Its basically the discontinued Yoshi racing exhaust knock off but not titanium.

Just haven't had the spare funds laying around. Until then my Shorty Moto GP exhaust tip is loud enough

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
milkmaster_imp said:
1973cb750_imp said:
he got my oem can should be at his door soon i like mine loud and no it dosnt sound like a head gasket blowin subi

What is your aftermarket setup?
What is your aftermarket setup? delkavic header no cat and a Yoshi rs3 I cut in half to more sound
 
1973cb750_imp said:
he got my oem can should be at his door soon i like mine loud and no it dosnt sound like a head gasket blowin subi

The rolling burnout is my favorite part!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Personally I think the Staintune is how the bike should have came from the factory....

Looks better, rides better, sounds better while not at all loud or raspy.

It's the aftermarket muffler for guys that think they like the stock muffler.

Too bad they never made a dual set for the DLX.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Personally I think the Staintune is how the bike should have came from the factory....

Looks better, rides better, sounds better while not at all loud or raspy.

It's the aftermarket muffler for guys that think they like the stock muffler.

Too bad they never made a dual set for the DLX.
I agree with that. Or the Arrow for DLX.
 
mvk24_imp said:
1973cb750_imp said:
he got my oem can should be at his door soon i like mine loud and no it dosnt sound like a head gasket blowin subi

The rolling burnout is my favorite part!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
The rolling burnout is my favorite part!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
perks of the skinny tire :biker:
 
m in sc_imp said:
long muffler on a full delkevic. not obnoxious, at all. been very happy with it. stock header has its drawbacks, but its not terrible either. and dirt cheap.





it did come with a quiet core insert that made it as quiet if not quieter than the stock system as well... that made it about 10 miles.

Delkevic Full Exhaust for Honda CB1100A - 18″ Oval Stainless Muffler
If the they had any options that were all black I wouldn't have bought one already

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top