Stebel Air Horn, or other alternatives?

TINK_imp

Been there
Thread starter
In the real world of "distracted drivers" one needs a horn with a lot more "authority" than stock.

Has anyone considered installing a Stebel air horn on their CB1100?
I have this horn on every street bike I own.
The trick is to find a place to stash the horn that won't ruin the classic looks of the CB1100.

Anyone installed other aftermarket horn(s)? Hella, for example.

Suzuki V-Strom installation:
 
I thought the stock horn was pretty decent. Better than my ST 1300 horn.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I thought the stock horn was pretty decent. Better than my ST 1300 horn.
Agreed, and it's two tone. I've used mine a handful of times to wake up Pakistani taxi drivers and it's done the job.
 
This is one of the loudest stock horns I have heard....car or bike. I was thinking about replacing it, but with the few times I've had to use it, it has always been heard.
 
Randy B_imp said:
This is one of the loudest stock horns I have heard....car or bike. I was thinking about replacing it, but with the few times I've had to use it, it has always been heard.
Same here. Every time I've used it, it's been heard.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
I've always got the horn







..covered.

:D
I, for one, can't tell you what a relief that is to hear.

Keep it that way, there's a good chap. :P
 
Thread starter
OldF7Guy_imp said:
If you want to hear pathetic find a 750 Nighthawk and blow the horn. They have meep meep horns on them and only one at that.
Had a 1992 CB750 NightHawk... put a Stebel on it too :thumbsup:
 
TINK_imp said:
OldF7Guy_imp said:
If you want to hear pathetic find a 750 Nighthawk and blow the horn. They have meep meep horns on them and only one at that.
Had a 1992 CB750 NightHawk... put a Stebel on it too :thumbsup:
Had a 1992 CB750 NightHawk... put a Stebel on it too :thumbsup:
Where did you mount it?
 
Back
Top