Staintune Stays Put

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Have anyone Staintune owners remove their exhaust? I had to pull mine to install some new shocks, but it took over 40 minutes to get that sucker off. Funny thing. Once I finally got it off there was zero sign of corrosion on the exhaust or collector.

I didn’t think it would be that tough. Anyone have a similar experiences or have any suggestions? I used small hammer to hit a wood block held against the center-stand stop, lots of WD-40 in the slots, and brute strength to twist it free and back it out.

That Staintune exhaust wanted to stay put!
 
And it's hard to put it back on. I bent the "tabs" out a bit with a set of channel locks pliers and also used lots of WD-40. Still had to tap her on with a rubber mallet...
 
Thread starter
HondaJon_imp said:
And it's hard to put it back on. I bent the "tabs" out a bit with a set of channel locks pliers and also used lots of WD-40. Still had to tap her on with a rubber mallet...
I banged on the end of the exhaust with my fist to get it back in place. But it's on along with a K&N air filter and a set of IKON shocks.

Too bad the bike is snowed in. We have a good 6" of hard pack snow on the ground and it's snowing. :( Florida is looking pretty good about now.
 
Nice upgrades CB, Curious as to how she'll ride with those shocks. I think that Honda should have given us a nice set of reservoir units stock, especially when you see them on a bike like the Star Bolt.....
 
Back
Top