Staintune slip-on pipe

68lupe_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
If anybody is interested, I emailed Jerry Finley from Pirateslair.net last week about a Staintune slip-on for the bike. Great guy, got right back to me saying he had some on order & would be getting them next week. I believe he was only getting 5 in so if anyone has been looking, now might be the time. VERY good communication from Jerry. I ordered mine on Mon. & can't wait to get it. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Hey guys,
Jerry from PiratesLair just emailed me the he got the pipes in so mine will be on the way tomorrow. He also mentioned two guys bailed on him so he still has 2 available & he's not sure he'll be able to get any more any time soon so if you are interested, act fast.
 
What's the Intel on the pipes? I could use a little more noise.

O.K., went to the website to take a look, appears very nice.
 
Sourdough, search is your friend. There's plenty of discussion about Staintune pipes on the forum. Most who have them love them. I don't have one, but I've heard a couple. In my view, they make a more agreeable noise than the stock pipes, but they're not particularly loud.
 
" a little" is a very ambiguous term

and apparently you are supposed to say you "could use a little more "TONE", I got yelled at recently when I called it noise :rofl:
 
Blimey, Ferret, don't reignite that one. Life-saving pipes make noise. In my view they lack tone. Of any sort.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Sourdough, search is your friend. There's plenty of discussion about Staintune pipes on the forum. Most who have them love them. I don't have one, but I've heard a couple. In my view, they make a more agreeable noise than the stock pipes, but they're not particularly loud.
sourdough44_imp said:
What's the Intel on the pipes? I could use a little more noise.

O.K., went to the website to take a look, appears very nice.
hey... who said what in the above quotes? (my coloring and sizing on a particular word)

I rest my case .... :banana:
 
NOISE (noun)
1. sound, especially of a loud, harsh, or confused kind: deafening noises.

2. a sound of any kind: to hear a noise at the door.

3. loud shouting, outcry, or clamor.

4. a nonharmonious or discordant group of sounds.

5. an electric disturbance in a communications system that interferes with or prevents reception of a signal or of information, as the buzz on a telephone or snow on a television screen.

6. Informal. extraneous, irrelevant, or meaningless facts, information, statistics, etc.: The noise in the report obscured its useful information.

7. Obsolete. rumor or gossip, especially slander.

From NOISE Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

SOUND (noun)
1. the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.

2. mechanical vibrations transmitted through an elastic medium, traveling in air at a speed of approximately 1087 feet (331 meters) per second at sea level.

3. the particular auditory effect produced by a given cause: the sound of music.

4. any auditory effect; any audible vibrational disturbance: all kinds of sounds.

5. a noise, vocal utterance, musical tone, or the like: the sounds from the next room.

6. a distinctive, characteristic, or recognizable musical style, as from a particular performer, orchestra, or type of arrangement: the big-band sound.

7. Phonetics.
(a) speech sound.
(b) the audible result of an utterance or portion of an utterance: the s-sound in “slight”; the sound of m in “mere.”.

From: SOUND Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com

So, it wold perhaps have been more precise to say "the Staintune makes a more agreeable sound than the OEM pipe".

That said, from the above, a sound is a noise and a noise is a sound.
 
Hey thats what I originally said, that the words were interchangeable lol
 
Yep. I looked it up then but, for some reason didn't reply. Must have more time this morning. But not any more. There's work to be done.
 
Thread starter
Okay guys...I waited a week to post as I wanted to get a few miles out there w/the Staintune on. I loved the look & the sound as soon as I put this on. In my opinion it gives the bike a sleeker appearance. I always enjoyed the way the bike rode but this just perks it up. I ride it a bit different now & understand what "Undecider" meant on lower gas mileage but the fun is well worth it. Noise wise is perfect - have a friend w/an old Honda500 who also loves the sound of it. Well worth the investment.
 
Good thread. Been wanting one for a year or more, this thread caused me to call him.

Great guy, had one left, now it is mine. Not sure he will get more from Australia.

He mostly is a specialist in BMW....
 
In case you missed out, don't forget you CAN order it directly from Australia but I don't know what the current exchange rate is anymore once I got my hands on mine!

Aloha,
Huladog


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top