Staintune 2017

physics-teacher_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Add my name to the list of raving Staintune fans! I just got my new pipe installed and boy am I impressed! I don't know what I like most, the improved appearance, sound, or performance gain. The fine youtube productions just can't reproduce the authoritative snarl you get if you blip off idle; the engine sounds to me like something with about 200 hp and must have been forced into the frame with a chair and a whip. A pick up in roll-on performance becomes noticeable at 60 mph in top gear and is dramatic at 70 mph. Well, all my friends with the four-into-one setup, buy yourself a staintune and you'll never be jealous of the DLX crowd again.
Don't worry about the noise while you're cruising at 60 or so. The wind noise is louder than the engine and you will hardly notice the difference.:thumbsup:
 
They sound great, don't they?
 
Never heard of anyone being unhappy with a Staintune.

Can you imagine a DLX with a PAIR of them? whoa
 
I just ordered mine 3 days ago. Excepted ship date is February 6th. Adam said they are "having a run on them". Can't wait to strap that baby on!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Just want to make sure: installing a Staintune on a 2014 Standard, we can keep the center stand without needing any other mods, right? So we just swap out the cans, and we're good to go?
 
Love your description, physics-teacher! Should be a quote in their marketing materials!! In addition to sounding great, it's a few pounds lighter, too, if I'm not mistaken. Glad you're loving it!
 
Their pipes are know for very high quality, a buddy had one on his VFR800, loved riding behind him to just listen to that V4.
 
Guth, hope you don't mind but I shared your earlier post with Adam @ Staintune. He loved it and printed it to post it the shop so his employees could read it. Better than a motivation poster! Ferret, I tweaked Adam about a dual exhaust for the DX. He failed to respond to that. Maybe you should install a 4 to 1 header so you can use a Staintune? You'd go a lot faster, get better mileage, and may even be able to keep up with a standard! 😈

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
 
Symmetry would be lost. Ferret would feel a disturbance in the force. Like 300 DLXs crying out in pain. :)
 
As all the new CB1100s will have 4-into-2 exhaust systems, how long will it be before Staintune develop twin mufflers sets?
 
Dual Staintunes would be awesome, but doubt they would be smaller than the new trimmer oem EX pipes. Sound would probably be preferable to many. I'm guessing you are looking at $1500 for a set of 2 if they ever make them. Cheaper than a full system, but still pricey. From those I have sen and heard, they make a fine product.

Honestly even though they would probably sound good, theres no way this tightwad would drop that kind of money just to make the sound different. I like the quiet, I don't care about any performance gain which would be minimal, and don't care about an 8-9 pound weight loss either, so I am not a potential customer, but I'd venture to guess they would sell a bunch of them to others.
 
Back
Top