Yikes! Honda still has the ST1300 on their web site? http://powersports.honda.com/2012/st1300.aspx
The last year for U.S. production was 2012! So why is Honda still advertising a 5 year old bike on their web site?
I continue to have a love hate relationship with my 2009 ST1300.
The love; when I get out on the open road and burn up 500, 700, 1,000 miles in a single day.
For me, there is no finer touring bike made.
The hate; it's HEAVY, 730 lbs according to Honda's web site. It's a PITA to work on, especially removing the fairings with the 20 or so different fasteners that require a template to assure I get the right fastener back into the right hole.
From time to time I think about selling 'The Elephant', but she's worth a fraction of what I payed for her. Better to keep her around for the occasional road trip, which are few and far between.
Your thoughts on this perplexing (to me) motorcycle... :-/
The last year for U.S. production was 2012! So why is Honda still advertising a 5 year old bike on their web site?
I continue to have a love hate relationship with my 2009 ST1300.
The love; when I get out on the open road and burn up 500, 700, 1,000 miles in a single day.
For me, there is no finer touring bike made.
The hate; it's HEAVY, 730 lbs according to Honda's web site. It's a PITA to work on, especially removing the fairings with the 20 or so different fasteners that require a template to assure I get the right fastener back into the right hole.
From time to time I think about selling 'The Elephant', but she's worth a fraction of what I payed for her. Better to keep her around for the occasional road trip, which are few and far between.
Your thoughts on this perplexing (to me) motorcycle... :-/


