jimgl3_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Thanks for that input Rick! I'm certainly not into lowering bikes.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I had a 2006 ST1300. I had the seat modified by a guy in south Florida; he lowered it by about an inch and replaced the foam which greatly improved comfort. I have a 28" inseam and had no problems, even riding home on my muddy dirt road after a heavy rain. Only real complaint for me was heat from the radiator vented onto my left leg by Honda's truly poor engineering on this feature. The bike was very uncomfortable to ride on a hot summer day. Other than that one problem it's a splendid touring bike and one I sometimes wish I'd kept if I could have found a fix for the heat problem.jimgl3_imp said:I am very tempted to get one of these! I have a short inseam though... like 29 or maybe even 28. Any input on that?
I had Frank modify my seat and it helped, but I was still uncomfortable. Besides the height, the seat itself was much wider than the CB1100. I felt like I was riding a horse. But boy did I look good!The ferret_imp said:I'm 5'5" with a 27" inseam. I had my seat lowered 1" and I had no issue with the height. My FJR is considerably taller. I dropped the forks a bit and put a lowering kit on it that dropped the back 1/2". If Frank at GreatDaytoRide.com was still in business I'd have him lower the seat an inch.
Seat height on an ST 1300 is 790 mm seat. Seat height on a CB 1100 is 785 mm Seat height on a FJR is 805 mm
As far as heat from the ST 1300 it bothered some riders, it didn't bother others. It never bothered me but I don't live in the south. Still we get days in the 90's with high humidity and it never stopped me from riding. I alwys wore motorcycle pants and boots though, never jeans and gym shoes.
I had the Helibar on mine as well. Worked well for me too.Lord Popgun_imp said:Scotty, mine has a Helibar riser which lets me sit up and reach the bars much easier. I’ve never sat on a police model.
Post up what you think once you've checked 'em out. Including price out there. ThanksFlynrider_imp said:Looks like Honda is doing a warehouse clearance, much like they did with the '14 CB1100 standards. Selling them off cheap to dealers around the country.
I was looking around and my local dealer seems to have picked up a few of these. I think I may go have a look tomorrow. I've always thought the ST would make a great long distance bike. The cops here in Phoenix ride them and really seem to like them.
It would be much easier if our CB1100 had fly by wire throttle...Lord Popgun_imp said:Oh. Too bad. I was hoping you could hop over and see if they are ever going to do a kit for the CB.