SR400 Taillight

Ron in MO_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have been using the Lucas sport taillight that many of you have too, but have always been looking for the perfect small retro taillight. While visiting my local dealer I noticed Yamaha's SR400 retro thumper bike and really liked it's taillight. Well $150 later, here I am posting my conversion to this unit. I think it turned out pretty well, but you be the judge! Is this taillight a good replacement?

Note: The top hole in the fender was still visible after installing the new taillight, so I cut off a section of my old Lucas taillight and used it to blend in over the hole.



[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/Honda%20Updates/3DB2CA43-0E36-44D1-A1E5-78E587AEA1EA_zpsnugdrjkb.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/Honda%20Updates/6C8C8016-3C0A-4C53-9914-17B2673671B6_zpssxicgrhy.jpg.html]
 
Thread starter
regularworkingdad_imp said:
Looks good Ron!
Thanks, John!

Gumby 1100_imp said:
I like the way it shows off more of the chrome fender...but, you'll never be able to use an OEM Rear Rack with that light ;)
Yes. You are right and I even have a Honda OEM luggage rack. Guess you will soon be seeing my rack in the forum classified section. :rolleyes:
 
It looks just OK to me, I don't feel it's worth $150 for that.
(I think you invited us to judge it!)
But if you're happy, that's all that matters.
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
It looks just OK to me, I don't feel it's worth $150 for that.
(I think you invited us to judge it!)
But if you're happy, that's all that matters.
It's all good! I'm not happy about paying that much for a taillight, but we do crazy things when we are trying to make our bikes into that perfect vision we have in our heads. :thanks:
 
Back
Top