Squealing when pulling clutch

itstuantran_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Mine is RS 2017 and recently i have had squealing sound every time pulling clutch for gear change. I have lubricated the bolt but no luck. Anyone having the same problem and how to solve it. Thanks
 
hmm there should be no reason to squeal, it's hydraulic. Does it do it with the motor off? or just when the motor is running? What did you lubricate the pivot with?
 
Hmm if i remember right somebody put some WD40 by on the hand-lever there. And it was good after.... and a bit l have too the same sound by my DLX until now and not at the new EX
 
When I did my summer trip in wet and rainy Scotland this year, the clutch lever started to squeal after a while. John helped me out with WD40 and it solved the problem. Being at home again I mounted foldable levers for each the brake and the clutch because I damaged one of it through a downfall of the bike. They were mounted with a good portion of grease and never did an annoying sound since then. If they will do, I repeat the grease thing.

Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
Ferret, it's quealing either motor on or off. I have lubricated the pivot with Liqui chain lub.
Thanks for the info, i'll try it out on weekend.
The ferret_imp said:
WD 40 is a short term fix for pivot squeal. Long term fix is to pull the blade, and pin, clean off the old stuff, apply a good quality grease like bearing grease and reassemble.

pics are gone but process is explained

http://www.cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6755
 
If it is the clutch lever squealing that should fix it. PLease let us know. I'm surprised it's happening on a new bike though. Musta got past the luber at the factory.
 
Thread starter
Yes Ferret. It even leaked at the head gasket as many posts discussed before regarding oil seapage or leakage :D but i have got it fixed by applying a layer of sealant beneath the gasket. No more leak since then.

The ferret_imp said:
If it is the clutch lever squealing that should fix it. PLease let us know. I'm surprised it's happening on a new bike though. Musta got past the luber at the factory.
 
Head gasket or valve cover gasket?
 
There’re called cap, cylinder head side. But shiny coin works :)

And the manual calls for sealant in that area in spots.
 
Thread starter
Problem solved. I followed the instructions from thí link Honda CB1100 Forum
Been riding hard through the rainy season could be the reason for squealing, all grease gone. I've them all greased and now as smooth as butter. Thanks Ferret for the tips.
 
Good deal. Yea it's a simple fix, and something good to do for your bike during the off season if you have one.
 
Back
Top