Sprocket change.

U.S.Cavalryman_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Before the CB I had a 919 that I changed the sprockets on. So sitting in the garage was a 17/43 set. After some research that seemed to point to compatibility, I broke out the tools.

It is a very quick change and not hard at all. I took reference measurements on chain tension, wheel alignment, Counter Shaft sprocket depth, etc prior and used this to insure everything bolted back together within spec.

Once I checked and rechecked the re-assembly it was time for a test ride. Let me tell you, THIS is the way it should have been built. The bike pulls very hard in all gears. At 55 the rpm is about 4000 in 5th so its very livable. Roll on in 5th results in a very rapid 70-75. A down shift results in a grin that can be seen outside the full face.

Well worth the effort. If you decide to do this just look for parts that fit the 2006 919.
 
55 mph at 4k in 5th gear. Man that thing It's going to suck gas at 70+ mph. I couldn't do that. So much time spent at high speed doing highway long hauls. Sounds like it would be fun in town though.
 
wayne van horn_imp said:
I bet you can take off in 3rd gear . just think you have the first 3speed cb1100.
Man, all this fuss about six gears and overdrives then this dude gears it down into a wheelie monster. I like it!:thumbsup:
 
You can probably take on a Vmax at 0 to 60...LOL. After that game over, Man, game over! Must be great fun in town or in the twisties...
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
You can probably take on a Vmax at 0 to 60...LOL. After that game over, Man, game over! Must be great fun in town or in the twisties...
At least he won't lose any sleep over the speed limiter.

I'm guessing if he's a 'tanky' he's used to low gearing and stacks of grunt.

What next, caterpillar tracks on a CB?

I haven't even washed mine yet, let alone 'farkled' !
 
Tortuga_imp said:
avsbezzy_imp said:
You can probably take on a Vmax at 0 to 60...LOL. After that game over, Man, game over! Must be great fun in town or in the twisties...
At least he won't lose any sleep over the speed limiter.

I'm guessing if he's a 'tanky' he's used to low gearing and stacks of grunt.

What next, caterpillar tracks on a CB?

I haven't even washed mine yet, let alone 'farkled' !


I haven't even washed mine yet, let alone 'farkled' !
I usually don't wash mine until I see a week of dry weather in the forecast...could be a while in the UK for that scenario to happen, so you may just have to break down and wash it.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
avsbezzy_imp said:
You can probably take on a Vmax at 0 to 60...LOL. After that game over, Man, game over! Must be great fun in town or in the twisties...
At least he won't lose any sleep over the speed limiter.

I'm guessing if he's a 'tanky' he's used to low gearing and stacks of grunt.

What next, caterpillar tracks on a CB?

I haven't even washed mine yet, let alone 'farkled' !


I haven't even washed mine yet, let alone 'farkled' !
I usually don't wash mine until I see a week of dry weather in the forecast...could be a while in the UK for that scenario to happen, so you may just have to break down and wash it.


I haven't even washed mine yet, let alone 'farkled' !
I usually don't wash mine until I see a week of dry weather in the forecast...could be a while in the UK for that scenario to happen, so you may just have to break down and wash it.
We have free bike wash services as part of our NHS.
 
Thread starter
The Speed limiter issue was one of the reasons I geared low. Cant go over 112 so might as well get there in a hurry.

When and if that ever gets sorted out I will adjust.

And it is a lot of fun.
 
U.S.Cavalryman_imp said:
The Speed limiter issue was one of the reasons I geared low. Cant go over 112 so might as well get there in a hurry.

When and if that ever gets sorted out I will adjust.

And it is a lot of fun.

You should make an on board video showing the acceleration . . .
 
U.S.Cavalryman_imp said:


Finally got a video done.

This is with Two Brothers Slip on, 16/41 sprockets and Wrapped headers.

Yowser! That thing flies like a mutha!

I liked how you ignored the red traffic light too. You're 100% badass cavalryman!
 
EDIT: didn't work.
Tortuga_imp said:
U.S.Cavalryman_imp said:


Finally got a video done.

This is with Two Brothers Slip on, 16/41 sprockets and Wrapped headers.

Yowser! That thing flies like a mutha!

I liked how you ignored the red traffic light too. You're 100% badass cavalryman!

Yowser! That thing flies like a mutha!

I liked how you ignored the red traffic light too. You're 100% badass cavalryman!
He stopped completely. It is legal to turn right on red most places in the US unless otherwise posted or it's a red arrow.
 
Yes, I remember it took me a long while to work out why everybody kept hooting me at the lights. At first I just thought they were all friendly natives welcoming a visitor! Couldn't understand how they knew I was from somewhere else. Duh!
 
Back
Top