Spring in Wiregrass Country

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had some errands to run this morning and since the road has finally dried out from the recent rains I was able to get the bike out. Spring is coming on fast. The roadside grasses are turning from brown too green and the trees are bursting with pollen and new leaves so I took the long, scenic route making an 8 mile ride into one of about 40. The threat of more rain sending me home sooner than I wished. Love this time of year.

ef63fd0d2a26d44d788abb3b4cc6d492.jpg


fe1fa6ac40b020b724768d35cefd977a.jpg


e0a3f2ff96ba53504355fddf0f9112f8.jpg


91919fadd02fe9a01fc09ef7a6e127fa.jpg


1bfe266745919aef507bc0eb18d56cd1.jpg


bb23685757273b000b460ec185f6d6cc.jpg


ac3af60931b8190e0352874677b84747.jpg


f6eb9864d04cdc9f2f36d69c82279ef7.jpg


24d7fba578e2b46822d68327b77e3f58.jpg
 
Good to get out, Redbirds. The bike looks good and so does the countryside. There's some nice pictures in there. I particularly like the one of the old house. Reminds of sights I see.
 
Great pics of a beautiful countryside and of an awesome CB1100!
But tell me, in the 4th pic what the heck is wrong with that one heifer..............the only one
laying down???
Hmmmmm. I had no idea my ex-wife aka "practice spouse" had moved to Georgia.

Or should I ask if she "moooo-ved" to Georgia?
 
I love the last picture. I'm not sure why, but I thinik it's the color of the road and the extra long vanishing point. It just draws my eyes further and further down the road. Probably and over-analysis on my part. LOL. Great pic though. :)
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Good to get out, Redbirds. The bike looks good and so does the countryside. There's some nice pictures in there. I particularly like the one of the old house. Reminds of sights I see.
Old houses are favorite camera subjects for me. There are many old abandoned farm houses here and I often wonder about their past and the families that dwelt there.
Inline4_imp said:
Great pics of a beautiful countryside and of an awesome CB1100!
But tell me, in the 4th pic what the heck is wrong with that one heifer..............the only one
laying down???
Hmmmmm. I had no idea my ex-wife aka "practice spouse" had moved to Georgia.

Or should I ask if she "moooo-ved" to Georgia?
Can't help you with that. I am curious about the title "practice spouse".
EmptySea_imp said:
I love the last picture. I'm not sure why, but I thinik it's the color of the road and the extra long vanishing point. It just draws my eyes further and further down the road. Probably and over-analysis on my part. LOL. Great pic though. :)
That's the road that my home is on MC and the reason I had not been on the bike of late. Recent rains had made it a quagmire but having been sunny and warm the last few days, the county has graded making it easy to get out. Glad you like the pic.
 
Explains why the surface looks so good.

I agree with MTC about the picture. For me, it's also a road I'd like to ride on.
 
Great pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
As I said in another thread, I'm still under two feet of snow and not going anywhere for well over a month.
 
Cool pics, we are not there yet as far as looking spring like. Looking forward to green and blooming trees and bushes and 60 degree temps on the morning.
 
Thanks for the pic's Red, nice to see green grass and signs of spring. We still have about 12" covering the ground with 4" of frozen ground.
 
Thread starter
Sorry that some are still having to deal with snow and cold temps. Having always lived in Florida and Georgia I wouldn't know how to deal with such weather. I admire the way you fellows up north get out and ride in cold that would keep me indoors.:beerchug:
 
redbirds great pictures, can't wait for things to turn green here - where we are you just don't see dirt roads here.
We do have things popping up though - as the earth gives up it's frost we get big pot holes - -
 
Back
Top