Spotted: CB1100 near Portland

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Saw another CB1100 in it's natural environment today. Spotted heading east on US30 just outside of Portland. Rider was wearing a black & white jacket. Anyone here?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
It was red. I think it might have had a small fairing as well, but didn't get a real good look.
 
Thread starter
This is number 4 for me. The most surprising sighting was just a couple of blocks from my house.
 
For a mass produced bike it is more rare than the niche boutique bike, the Moto Guzzi Griso; which are thicker than flies in the Phoenix area. Just odd I tell you!
 
Well in Cinti, which doesn't have a Guzzi dealer anywhere close, I have seen about 5 CB 1100s and ZERO Griso's. I did see a Norge the other day though. I talked to the rider, it came from the Cleveland area, the northern end of the state.
 
I'm just happy to hear that some are riding at all.
Up here in the land of ice and snow nobody is riding until spring.
 
Guth_imp said:
Saw another CB1100 in it's natural environment today. Spotted heading east on US30 just outside of Portland. Rider was wearing a black & white jacket. Anyone here?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was me -- I live in N Portland and had just finished a run up Skyline to see if the road would poke above the clouds (nope), then down Germantown Rd. I started heading west on 30, but then decided I wanted to head back to Portland for coffee. Took the St. John's bridge then rode the ridge by U of P into town, a nice view there. Not a bad ride, the CB handled riding through a cloud and cold wet curvy roads nicely. :hello:
 
Very cool. Over on the VFR forum there's a thread dedicated to VFR sightings while on the road. I can't remember the last time someone replied with, "That was me." I suppose it's because there are just so many VFRs on the road from so many different generations that the odds of any one VFR rider being active on the forum and seeing the posts are pretty slim. I have yet to see another CB1100 in the wild.

By the way, Siggy Javotnik has to be one of the coolest names I've ever heard. You don't happen to be a frontman for a heavy metal band, are you? If not, you should be! That, or a third baseman for the Padres.
 
Thread starter
Siggy Javotnik_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Saw another CB1100 in it's natural environment today. Spotted heading east on US30 just outside of Portland. Rider was wearing a black & white jacket. Anyone here?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was me -- I live in N Portland and had just finished a run up Skyline to see if the road would poke above the clouds (nope), then down Germantown Rd. I started heading west on 30, but then decided I wanted to head back to Portland for coffee. Took the St. John's bridge then rode the ridge by U of P into town, a nice view there. Not a bad ride, the CB handled riding through a cloud and cold wet curvy roads nicely. :hello:
Well alright. Good to see you out and about Siggy. I was headed out to a friend's place on Sauvie Island. Normally I would have taken the CB, but it was a bit shy on carrying capacity for the errands I had to run afterwards.

The St. Johns bridge is awesome. I live in SE Portland and have worked up reasons just to ride over it (like needing to pick up pastries from the Tulip Bakery on a Saturday morning). I used to get over that way more often before Honda of St. Johns closed their doors as I was a frequent visitor to their parts department.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Honda of St. Johns was great. They fixed my beater '79 CB650 and kept me on the road when it was my only transportation in the 90's during school. "Siggy Javotnik" is from "Setting Free The Bears" by John Irving, a great motorcycle story. Glad to be on the forum! And on the road in Portland's relatively mild winter.
 
Back
Top