kmoney_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
I decided to delete my center stand when I installed my new exhaust. It did come with an adapter bracket, but I never really liked the look of the center stand, and I don't really see the point of carrying the weight all the time for something that (at least me personally) I only use when in my garage. I decided to replace it with a pair of Vortex swingarm spools (m8 x 1.25) and a special adapter for my Pitbull rear stand (designed for the Norton Commando, but will work with basically any twin shock bike).
I definitely like it a lot better and I feel that it's much safer than having the clamps that just rest on the swingarm. The only caveat is that you will need an aftermarket exhaust can for this mod, as there definitely is no clearance between the stock and that shock bolt.
I definitely like it a lot better and I feel that it's much safer than having the clamps that just rest on the swingarm. The only caveat is that you will need an aftermarket exhaust can for this mod, as there definitely is no clearance between the stock and that shock bolt.