spoke wheel's

Yes I agree. It's odd how honda sells same bikes. But different colors to different parts of the world. I did lots of searching on the cbx and wow you should see what some guys can come up with and do to a cbx. The cb1100 still fairly new but just wait some one will blow our minds with what they can do. You can learn a lot
 
I'll just enjoy looking at someone else's spoked wheels.

I don't care to clean 96 slender chrome rods down near the ground, tucked under discs, sprocket, chain, frame and forks and fenders and tightly overlapping each other.

Then there's the 192 mechanical connections, all located as described above, upon which the smoothness and reliability of my riding experience is dependent.

I'll keep my magnesiums, thank you!

edit: forgot hot exhaust pipe
 
+2 Greg. I got the honda com star on my cbx. Not sure if they call the CB com star but I would say yes. Whatever it's called my Preference is the mag.
 
Here is a link to some Com-Star wheels. Aren't they riveted or screwed or something? Our wheels are cast one-piece.

I think I remember thinking that the Com-Star wheels looked cheap when they came out. I do know I didn't like them.

Forgot the link: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=honda+comstar
 
The comstar wheel was a riveted wheel and few trusted them in the beginning. They proved to be very durable during their run. Not sure about the long run though as in 30 + years, but I have not read any issues with the rivets coming loose.

The wheels on the CB 1100 are cast to RESEMBLE the Comstar wheels
 
The cbx does have rivets but they are good. A very nice cbx rim is high dollar
All cbx guys use the oem comstar wheels. They don't want aftermarket at all nor spokes
 
Going to jump on the mag band wagon here.

A buddy I ride with has a custom Triumph Thruxton. Beautiful bike with spoked wheels. Looks like a 1960s cafe racer. I feel like our CB is more of a mid to late 1970s homage, so mags it is for me.

And yes, tubeless tires are a no go for me.
 
I've long thought American Racing mags were some the best looking wheels out there for muscle cars. There have been a lot of motorcycle mags that I haven't cared all that much for, including the original comstars. However, the black CB1100 mags with the polished rims were an instant hit with me. It's not hard to imagine why.

b302e1a4063cabcc2dc3dd3f6116d0dc.png
 
nate_imp said:
Where can I order a set of Mag rims for the 2014 EX model?

Online source?

Thks!
If you're not in a hurry, see who upgrades their CB1100 Deluxe to spoke wheels. Better yet, set up a trade.
 
While I just love the classic look of the chrome, laced, spoke wheels the hours spent cleaning and polishing plus the issue of tube tires make the beauty of mags & tubeless tires such an advancement.
My Road Star 1600 had chrome rims w/ stainless spokes and the time cleaning and polishing each wheel was easily equal to the time spent on the rest of the bike.
I'll admire the spokes, but I'll live with the mags.
 
nate_imp said:
Where can I order a set of Mag rims for the 2014 EX model?

Online source?

Thks!
Man, do I wish I could trade your bike's laced wheels for my brand new 2014 mags!! I have a DLX but would have bought an EX in a heartbeat!

We (me) are never happy with what we have, aren't we?
 
Panama Biker_imp said:
nate_imp said:
Where can I order a set of Mag rims for the 2014 EX model?

Online source?

Thks!
Man, do I wish I could trade your bike's laced wheels for my brand new 2014 mags!! I have a DLX but would have bought an EX in a heartbeat!

We (me) are never happy with what we have, aren't we?
Man, do I wish I could trade your bike's laced wheels for my brand new 2014 mags!! I have a DLX but would have bought an EX in a heartbeat!

We (me) are never happy with what we have, aren't we?
Hahaha... Yea so true...

But I've got a soft spot for the Mag Cast Wheels... I'll likely order them directly thru samuiriders web site... But the front brake discs would have to be ordered as well... the original ones on the spokey front wheel cannot be used on the mags...
 
Back
Top