spoke wheel's

ss2wheels_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just for the fun of it, if we all had a choice 13's and 14's to have spoke wheels and tubed tires at no cost difference, who would have gone that way? Sorry im just killin time before I go to work!:biker:
 
as much as I like retro,I'm happy with my mags. I put lester mag wheels on my spoked KZ 1000 in 1977
 
Gotta be tubeless or no deal. Many bikes have offered spokes with a tubeless arrangement (my Griso is just one). I prefer spokes though.
 
Spokes for me I have other bikes with mags. If the 2014 had spokes I would have two CB1100s in the garage.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I was getting ready to send Mr.T an email, yesterday about this exact subject for a conversion.
I wanted to ask here if anyone else has already? If not, I will.
I'm pretty sure they are tubed. So's my new BMW, no biggie.

I'm sure it will sell quicker if I sink more money into it. :huh:
 
The black and silver mag wheels on the '13's are one of my favourite features of the CB. They're gorgeous, especially for a factory wheel at the CB's price point.

Besides, spokes corrode in F L.
 
Spokes for the look, but as Spaceman said, they rust so fast in Florida unless you clean them each time you ride.
My last 3 bikes had spokes and the clean up was more than I want.
Mag wheels are the way to go for us Floridians. Like the '13 wheels a lot. Be curious to see them on a '14 DLX
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I was getting ready to send Mr.T an email, yesterday about this exact subject for a conversion.
I wanted to ask here if anyone else has already? If not, I will.
I'm pretty sure they are tubed. So's my new BMW, no biggie.

I'm sure it will sell quicker if I sink more money into it. :huh:
someone on the ADV forum blew up a close up of the tires on an EX (spoke wheels) and they clearly said "Tube type" on the sidewalls. We have a couple members now that own them so one of them could definitively say.

avsbezzy_imp said:
Spokes for the look, but as Spaceman said, they rust so fast in Florida unless you clean them each time you ride.
My last 3 bikes had spokes and the clean up was more than I want.
Mag wheels are the way to go for us Floridians. Like the '13 wheels a lot. Be curious to see them on a '14 DLX
I bet the 13 wheels would look great on a 14 dlx
 
Yeah it was the spokes and new side panels that was the deal maker for me when I found out that the EX was destined for Europe. Hang on, probably the 4-into-2 exhaust as well so perhaps I being unfair about just the spokes but they really were the icing on the cake for me!

Sorry, but '60's and early '70's retro == spokes in my book :D
 
Are we able to fit cast rims(from the non EX model 2014 CB1100) on the EX model that comes with spoke rims?

Love everything on the EX less the spokes and tubes!
 
ss2wheels_imp said:
Just for the fun of it, if we all had a choice 13's and 14's to have spoke wheels and tubed tires at no cost difference, who would have gone that way? Sorry im just killin time before I go to work!:biker:
I was disappointed when the spoked wheels were not available in USA - I would have preferred the spokes on my Deluxe.
 
Mags for me. Spokes are pretty but they are a lot of work. Cleaning them is a chore, adjusting them can be a nightmare, or expensive, or both. Tubes? No

When bikes started coming out in the '70s with Mags, I thought that was the coolest thing ever, and I still like them.
 
Ferret I think act wants a set. Even if they trade even shipping would be kinda high but even if each guy paid $100 not bad for wheels that both want
Or is it ack
Ferret we might have to charge you a tariff going to the UK cb site :) lol
 
I travel the globe (metaphorically speaking) in search of info on the CB 1100. All in the quest for knowledge my good friend.
 
Back
Top