Speedo & Tacho chrome covers

Chris Goldson_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi

I have been thinking about buying and fitting a pair of chrome covers onto the speedo and tacho to enhance the look of the bike. Problem seems to be none are listed for my 2015 CB1100 SA-E

Does anyone know if these are standard throughout the range and if the ones advertised for the 2013 bikes will fit please and how easy are they to replace the existing black ones on the bike.

Many thanks


Chris
 
I have them on my bike. They’re plastic with a chrome LIKE coating. Kind of cheaply fabricated/executed. I put them on because the tach/speedo cluster was cracked when bike was laid down. The finish does not match true chrome. They are the Honda OEM ones. Go on with a single screw through the center of each cap. Don’t know what the 2015 cluster looks like.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
I have them on my bike. They’re plastic with a chrome LIKE coating. Kind of cheaply fabricated/executed. I put them on because the tach/speedo cluster was cracked when bike was laid down. The finish does not match true chrome. They are the Honda OEM ones. Go on with a single screw through the center of each cap. Don’t know what the 2015 cluster looks like.
Many thanks for the very quick response.

I thought these were a high quality chrome plated steel item. Considering the price of them I might not now bother so info really appreciated.
 
The 2014 through 2017 instrument bottom covers are standard, or common,
because the 2014 instrument panel is the same one used on the 2017. So all parts interchange between those years.

the 2013 instrument panel and bottom covers are different, unique to that year only, and so it won't fit any other year except 2013. The notches are differently spaced and it appears to be shaped differently too than the 2014 - 2017.,

So, , all you have to do is buy the chrome buckets off the 2017 EX, and it should be a direct fit. And I could be wrong, but I have a good hunch that the 2017 chrome buckets is made out of steel, just like the black one's made out of steel.

If you wait until the middle of next week, my 2017 chrome buckets will arrive, and I can report back on whether they're steel like the black ones, or whether they're plastic.
 
The ones for my 14 DLX are metal/chromed. I got them from Samurider.
 
Thread starter
Just looked at these they look very nice so think I will order a set.

Thanks for all the help and advise as ever - much appreciated


Best wishes and compliments of the season


Chris

.
suhawk305_imp said:
Hi Chris, what jedd said was my experience. Like ferret, my covers metal/chrome and are from Samurider. Very good quality material.
See my thread with pictures:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11207

Ask Mr. T. of Samurider and he will verify your question. Great guy to deal with.
 
Thread starter
Yes that is good thinking, just checked mine and they are metal so might save me a good chunk of money just having them chromed.

bi
Desert viper_imp said:
When I put my chrome covers from SAMURIDER on my 14 Deluxe I realized my stock covers were metal and I could of just had them chromed.
 
yea but then you couldn't return it to stock plus get some of your money back by selling the aftermarket chromed covers.
 
And... how much money would you save with the prep work and chrome work? I do not know the cost of chrome-plating, or the yen to UK pounds exchange rate, but both covers cost me only about $75 US dollars, delivered!
 
OK my two '17 EX chrome covers arrived. They're steel, and chromed to a mirror like specularity!

Today's WORD:
(specularity is defined as the cosine of the angle made by the surface normal vector and the angle bisector of the angle defined by the directions of the incident and diffracted rays.)



ps, the two center bolts aren't chromed, they're just bare stainless steel finish.
nevetheless, the '17 bolts are shinier than the stock '14 grey finish ones.


I kinda wished they got delivered in time to stuff my Christmas stocking with, but in hindsight l, I'm glad these actually got delivered in my hands today. One can never tell w. Pkgs being delivered around Christmas time.

 
THX suhawk...i've learned so much from the elders on here. I'm just happy to post something useful whenever I can.
There's also a few more '17 EX bits and pieces I want to put on my '14. My next item is kinda cheezy, but
I just can't stop thinking about putting it on my bike...it's the chrome overlay panel that sticks right over the existing '14 black instrument panel....#11 below....
 
Thread starter
Hi Jedd

Looking at the photos it looks like it is not just the cover below the grey plastic ring but the whole thing is chromed. Is the part that is chromed above the grey ring separate? I have not had mine off yet so not sure.

Best Wishes


Chris

j
jedd_imp said:
OK my two '17 EX chrome covers arrived. They're steel, and chromed to a mirror like specularity!

Today's WORD:
(specularity is defined as the cosine of the angle made by the surface normal vector and the angle bisector of the angle defined by the directions of the incident and diffracted rays.)



ps, the two center bolts aren't chromed, they're just bare stainless steel finish.
nevetheless, the '17 bolts are shinier than the stock '14 grey finish ones.


I kinda wished they got delivered in time to stuff my Christmas stocking with, but in hindsight l, I'm glad these actually got delivered in my hands today. One can never tell w. Pkgs being delivered around Christmas time.
 
jedd_imp said:
THX suhawk...i've learned so much from the elders on here. I'm just happy to post something useful whenever I can.
There's also a few more '17 EX bits and pieces I want to put on my '14. My next item is kinda cheezy, but
I just can't stop thinking about putting it on my bike...it's the chrome overlay panel that sticks right over the existing '14 black instrument panel....#11 below....
Got me thinking about that too. I think the chrome cover would like great, with all the black on my 14 Standard.
 
Man, look at item 12. Honda is proud of a piece of tape huh?
 
Chris Goldson_imp said:
Hi Jedd

Looking at the photos it looks like it is not just the cover below the grey plastic ring but the whole thing is chromed. Is the part that is chromed above the grey ring separate? I have not had mine off yet so not sure.

Best Wishes


Chris

j
jedd_imp said:
OK my two '17 EX chrome covers arrived. They're steel, and chromed to a mirror like specularity!

Today's WORD:
(specularity is defined as the cosine of the angle made by the surface normal vector and the angle bisector of the angle defined by the directions of the incident and diffracted rays.)



ps, the two center bolts aren't chromed, they're just bare stainless steel finish.
nevetheless, the '17 bolts are shinier than the stock '14 grey finish ones.


I kinda wished they got delivered in time to stuff my Christmas stocking with, but in hindsight l, I'm glad these actually got delivered in my hands today. One can never tell w. Pkgs being delivered around Christmas time.
From what I can see, the top round trim part that is chromed above the grey ring is an integral part of the top meter cover, or part number 10 in parts picture. I don't think it can be separated easily.

The purchased parts I bought are #3 & #4 , [& (2x)#15]. very easy install. a 5mm allen/hex wrench was all I needed.
 
I'm trying to buy the 2017 chromed steel speedo and tach covers to dress up my 2014 Deluxe.

I thought I'd found them, and so I ordered them, but they delivered today and they are black (my mistake was that--unbeknownst to me--there are two different parts fiches for the 2017 models and I picked the wrong one).   :tear:

After my first failure, I've tried again and this time think that the correct part numbers are 37103-MGC-JB1 and 37102-MGC-JB1, parts #3 and #4 in this fiche:

[attachment=1316]

[Edit:  link to the fiche:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2017/cb1100ca-ac-cb100ca/meter ]

Can someone kindly confirm I have it right this time?  As always your help is greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260427-204413b.webp
    Screenshot_20260427-204413b.webp
    126.1 KB · Views: 61
I saw this picture from a recent auction that appears to confirm that the covers are chrome, not black. I have no first hand knowledge, but the part numbers appear to match the latest diagram. Hope this helps. David
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0021.webp
    IMG_0021.webp
    151 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top