Special visitors

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had some special visitors drop down from Chicago area yesterday. One was riding a CB 1100. The other a really pretty Triumph.

We went out to dinner at a nice local place called Front Street Cafe right next to the Ohio River and listened to some Blues music (the more upscale of the 2 places open in town lol) before returning to our abode to sit on Mrs Ferret's screened in porch and visit a spell.

The next morning we went for a local ride to Stonelick Lake, through a covered bridge and rode some local curvy country roads. Stopped at Mama's Grill for lunch, then we headed back towards Indiana as they had reservations in Indianapolis for dinner to celebrate their 30th anniversary. I left them at the Ohio/Indiana border and returned home around the southern route thru Indiana and Kentucky. 161 miles for me.

2380fd341a4cec083a10121400df4ab9.jpg


841d310415565d79c45c4c7b82035f1f.jpg


ede47626aaeb7e1b9abf326c7ec24e94.jpg


ce6201f9e5cda83818a34c49596d78a5.jpg


had a great visit and a good time, riding and eating with some good forum friends.
 
Thread starter
Yep MTC and his lovely wife Cheryl.
 
Very many congratulations on 30 years MTC and Cheryl and best wishes for the next 30.
 
It was Cheryl’s first visit to the Ferret’s den and her first meeting with Mrs. Ferret. I had hyped Mrs. Ferret’s warmth and generosity to Cheryl before the trip (and on several other occasions over these past few years). If anything, Cheryl thinks I understated just what a truly beautiful person she is. Ferret’s ok, too, I guess. ;)

We both enjoyed or Saturday ride and, for the record, I went deliberately wide coming out of the covered bridge so that Ferret could get a pic of Cheryl. I swear.
 
Welcome. I had to look twice at the picture of you coming off the bridge. Initially I thought you were in a pretty good position, until I remembered which side of the road you guys ride on.
 
Thread starter
LOL it wasn't Sea's fault, if you haven't been there before when you come out the end of that bridge, the road cuts to the right so you have to start your turn as soon as you exit the bridge. If you just exit straight out the end of the bridge, it will throw you wide.
 
Back
Top