Spanish MotoGP - Jerez ***SPOILER ALERT***

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
beIN Sports schedule: Moto2 and Moto3 will air early Sunday morning but we'll have to wait until 8pm Eastern for the main event.

FP1 concluded with Lorenzo leading the charge. But FP2 will determine who gets into Q2.

My favorite rider MM saw his Honda cut out in FP1 and a ride back into the pits on a scooter.
 
Thanks. I've decided to skip watching the Moto2 and Moto3 and just concentrate on WSBK and MotoGP. Have the MotoGP programmed to play at 8 Sunday night.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks. I've decided to skip watching the Moto2 and Moto3 and just concentrate on WSBK and MotoGP. Have the MotoGP programmed to play at 8 Sunday night.
Interesting you say that. I have tried to watch Moto2 and Moto3, as well as MotoAmerica and even WSBK.

MotoAmerica looks like the "A" group at a track day, just cruising around. WSBK, unfortunately, is not much better but is of interest for no other reason than I am an adherent of Kawasaki motorcycles. Moto3 and Moto2 are frantic, free-for-all training stables for riders wanting that MotoGP team position.

There is just a lot of rough riding in those races. It's not pretty, more like a slugfest.

The top 10 riders in MotoGP are just so skilled and professional.
 
Thread starter
Ferret - WSBK and SuperSports races at a wet Assen were worth watching. But when the Kawaski's run away from the field in WSBK, it's much less interesting. So far I concur about MotoAmerica. Plus one of the announcers is hard to take.

FP2 in Spain - Lorenzo, Marquez, Espargaro (Suzuki), Barbera (Ducati), Rossi, Vinales, Dovi, Redding, Pedrosa, Laverty in that order. Bradley Smith missed the cut. Jack Miller back in 21st with sore foot and 2.3 seconds behind the leader
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Ferret - WSBK and SuperSports races at a wet Assen were worth watching. But when the Kawaski's run away from the field in WSBK, it's much less interesting. So far I concur about MotoAmerica. Plus one of the announcers is hard to take.

FP2 in Spain - Lorenzo, Marquez, Espargaro (Suzuki), Barbera (Ducati), Rossi, Vinales, Dovi, Redding, Pedrosa, Laverty in that order. Bradley Smith missed the cut. Jack Miller back in 21st with sore foot and 2.3 seconds behind the leader
Yes, AMA Superbike racing was so much better. A lot of people had very high hopes for MotoAmerica and Wayne Rainey. Wayne is fantastic racer and really a national treasure but whatever is trickling down from him is getting lost somewhere.

I just don't know what in the world has happened to American motorcycle racing. We lost AMA Superbike, WSMC closed down a few years ago, we have no riders in MotoGP or WSBK to speak of.

I don't mind watching the Kawi's run away in WSBK, though, lol!
 
The lone American is the only reason I tune into WSBK? I just want t see how Nicky is doing. Not a huge NH fan, lord knows I've said enough bad about him over the years as a MotoGP racer, I feel sorta obligated to wish him well in WSBK.

I can tell you exactly what has happened to American roadracing. AMerican fans don't care for it and don't support it. Wayne is trying to build up tha support, but too little too late..huge venue with local weekend racer attendance. Italy and Spain both support roadracing and have active Jr training programs. They are going to be the dominate force in roadracing for decades to come. Been watching GP since 1973.. , Roberts, , lawson, Rainey, Swantz, Spencer.. American road racers once dominated the world. Now just a footnote in road racing history, unlikely ever to be witnessed again.
 
Thread starter
Looks like all the factory teams will be using winglets this weekend.

Everyone was complaining of lack of grip on the aging race surface. The GP14.2 machines really shined in FP.

Lorenzo seems to have the edge - only a tenth a second off last year's pace. MM is down nearly a second a lap.

The race will be a nail biter for me, hoping MM doesn't take himself out pushing too hard. I'd be thrilled with a podium.
 
According to my DirecTV schedule, Moto3,2, and Motogp will be shown live and in order Sunday morning at 6AM Eastern and again at 8PM.
 
How in the heck did Rossi get on pole? Lol

If he doesnt burn up his clutch on the strat like he did last race, maybe it will be a hoot to watch

Thanks for the heads up on the 6 am thing. I saw that but was confused so I programmed the 8 in. Now I will watch motogp at 8 am?
 
The ferret_imp said:
How in the heck did Rossi get on pole? Lol

If he doesnt burn up his clutch on the strat like he did last race, maybe it will be a hoot to watch

Thanks for the heads up on the 6 am thing. I saw that but was confused so I programmed the 8 in. Now I will watch motogp at 8 am?
Beats me, he had been third behind Marquez all through the closing minutes of qualifying and with mere seconds left in the session, turned a real fast time that put him ahead of Lorenzo, who was most likely more shocked than anyone.
 
Thread starter
beIN Sports televises Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP starting at 4:55am Eastern in a 4 hour broadcast. Rebroadcasts are at 6, 7 and 8pm.
 
Guess the old man showed em how huh?
 
Yea! The old man has it still. He out Lorenzoed Lorenzo. Talk about one unhappy second place finisher.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Yea! The old man has it still. He out Lorenzoed Lorenzo. Talk about one unhappy second place finisher.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
The look on Lorenzo's face was priceless!

Yamaha 1, 2 - Honda 3, 4 - Suzuki 5, 6.

How about Brad Binder in Moto3? Last to first! And Rossi's 16 year old protégée pulled some remarkable moves on the last lap to capture 2nd place, well behind Binder.
 
Lorenzo really doesnt know how to play the mind game, he only knows the excuse game. It had to give Rossi and Marques great pleasure to see him all lemon mouth. Rossi ws happy, Marquez was dissapoi ted bit happy and poor Lorenzo distraught. He should never let the dissapointment show. Dont let the others know it bothered him.

Of course next time Lorenzo wins he'll be doing the fist shaking, head bobbing, bike wiggling thing of joy. He also needs to learn how to act after he wins. PRobably won't be doing that much on the Ducati though lol

Btw wife and I washed my other bike this morning after the race, and I took it for a dry off ride. A dry off ride is normally about 15 minutes. This mornings dry off ride was 45 minutes. My wife asked why it took me so long this is time, so I told her my rear Michelin was "spinning up" and I had to slow down to keep from crashing.
 
Why was the tire spinning up (Lorenzo's, not the ferret's)? They all had the same rear tire. ECU was programmed differently. Seems impossible that the tire could spin at such high speeds but over 200 HP to the rear wheel, bike weighs ~350 pounds, yes, it will spin. Anti-wheelie and wheelspin controls have to be very carefully programmed. Rider holds the throttle WFO on the straights and lets the computer do the thinking. Rossi's team did a better job of programming the bike's ECU. Not to mention his skill and experience as a competitor.

Anyone would be disappointed after getting spanked in his home court. As young Indiana Jones was advised in the third movie of the series, "You lost this time, kid. But you don't have to like it."

http://www.sportrider.com/motogp-spec-ecu-for-2016-not-quite-same-spec-for-everyone
 
I felt bad for Dovisioso, again he runs well yet fails to finish and again, not his fault but mechanical failure this time.

Sorry that Pedrosa didn't do better.

Yes, Rossi still has it.
 
Back
Top