Soo..bought a Shoei Glamster

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just placed the order.

Will take a while to arrive because these aren't sold in the U.S.

I discovered the U.S. helmets are built differently than the ROW.

Apparently the U.S. is firmer foam, intended for high speed crashes, at the cost of impact absorption at lower speed.

But- it also appears the U.S. is about to change their testing and ratings to something close to the softer insides the rest of the world is using.

I loved my old Qwest...and looked long and hard at the Neotec II... but decided even though the flip up and inner sun visor would be fun... I didn't need the extra weight, extra cost, and potential of helmet opening in a crash.

So I researched and bought a Shoei Glamster, and appreciate it's look and simplicity. Seems to test well, and still has a pinlock insert included.





 
Good looking lid. Let us know how you like it after sleeping in it awhile
 
Kid? Lid? Whatever. Looks good, Dubs.
 
Yea lid. Fat fingers on a tablet... or spell correction. It just did it again. lol
 
Autocorrect is the bane of many a life.
 
Thread starter
336 euro

I figure it serves the purpose, has the pinlock, and I'm trading frills for light weight.

Comparison of what I was looking at-

A quick google search says the Neotec II weights about 3.75 pounds, RPHA 70 weighs just over 3 pounds, while the HJC RPHA Seventy Carbon is just under 3.

The glamster should be around 2.65
 
Most excellent. I absolutely love my Shoei RF-1200. It's about time for a replacement, and I like the profile of the Glamster better. All the features look very similar to what I'm used to.
 
Shipping from Europe seems to take a long time these days , probably because of a LOT less planes flying to and from the Continent. I have been waiting for weeks to get things from Holland and England.
 
Thread starter
I could have ordered from elsewhere and probably get in 7-10 days, but I would have paid quite a bit more for the helmet itself AND paid a shipping cost.

I'm OK with waiting. :)
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
336 euro

I figure it serves the purpose, has the pinlock, and I'm trading frills for light weight.

Comparison of what I was looking at-

A quick google search says the Neotec II weights about 3.75 pounds, RPHA 70 weighs just over 3 pounds, while the HJC RPHA Seventy Carbon is just under 3.

The glamster should be around 2.65
That's pretty light
 
Thread starter
Yea. I'm fairly certain those weights are listed for medium helmets.

I wear a large, but unsure which of those helmets use what outer shell sizing.

I'll weigh it when it shows up.
 
I like it, and applaud going outside the US to get a helmet built in line with the latest thinking on street crash protection.
 
Thread starter
Uggh...

So I woke up today to an automated email letting me know my order was cancelled and to expect a refund in blah blah blah days.

No explanation as to why.

So I will have to search for other places ...and may not end up with this helmet after all, as I think elsewhere was substantially more expensive.
 
That's a bummer, man! I hate looking forward to getting something new, then finding out you're not gonna get it.

My wife has put me on spending lockdown except for essential safety purchases, like my new tires. I have informed her that if the less garish designs of the Exo R420 go on sale, I will pick one up without asking permission.

She mentioned some nonsensical mumbo jumbo about "You have one of those already and let's save money in case we both lose our jobs again."
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's a bummer, man! I hate looking forward to getting something new, then finding out you're not gonna get it.

My wife has put me on spending lockdown except for essential safety purchases, like my new tires. I have informed her that if the less garish designs of the Exo R420 go on sale, I will pick one up without asking permission.

She mentioned some nonsensical mumbo jumbo about "You have one of those already and let's save money in case we both lose our jobs again."
Reminds me of my honeymoon.
 
Me too, brother. At least in my case, it was a Greek wedding and we were both too hungover on Ouzo durning the honeymoon to care much about it.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's a bummer, man! I hate looking forward to getting something new, then finding out you're not gonna get it.

My wife has put me on spending lockdown except for essential safety purchases, like my new tires. I have informed her that if the less garish designs of the Exo R420 go on sale, I will pick one up without asking permission.

She mentioned some nonsensical mumbo jumbo about "You have one of those already and let's save money in case we both lose our jobs again."
Reminds me of my honeymoon.
Reminds me of my honeymoon. Even worse if she looks at you and say's : " I already had one of those "
 
Houtman_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's a bummer, man! I hate looking forward to getting something new, then finding out you're not gonna get it.

My wife has put me on spending lockdown except for essential safety purchases, like my new tires. I have informed her that if the less garish designs of the Exo R420 go on sale, I will pick one up without asking permission.

She mentioned some nonsensical mumbo jumbo about "You have one of those already and let's save money in case we both lose our jobs again."
Reminds me of my honeymoon.
Reminds me of my honeymoon. Even worse if she looks at you and say's : " I already had one of those "
Reminds me of my honeymoon. Even worse if she looks at you and say's : " I already had one of those " Wouldn't know about that :angel:
 
Where did you order it? I highly recommend motostorm.it for price, customer service, and delivery speed / cost.
 
Back
Top