Solaris

Thread starter
gone2vegas_imp said:
Guaza14_imp said:
Check out new CB1100 Youtube vid...:biker:


Man that footage is so clean for being shot at night.
I used a software called NeatVideo to reduce noise for a cleaner look. Here is a new video I uploaded but decided to start downscaling my videos from 4k to 1080p. File size is smaller with a cleaner 1080p resolution. Here are my GoPro Hero 7 settings for this video in case your interested.

4K 24fps, Superview w/Hypersmooth Stabilazation. White Balance Native, Shutter Auto, EV Comp 0, ISO Min 100 ISO Max 400, Sharpness Low, Color Flat.

 
60 fps at the native lower resolution (e.g. 1080p) would have allowed for crisp stop frame viewing. Maybe 720p at 60+ fps would be ideal at night.

I like watching flicks like these because one can appreciate other riders' domains, read the dash instruments, road signage, license plates, roadside advertisements, etc.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
60 fps at the native lower resolution (e.g. 1080p) would have allowed for crisp stop frame viewing. Maybe 720p at 60+ fps would be ideal at night.

I like watching flicks like these because one can appreciate other riders' domains, read the dash instruments, road signage, license plates, roadside advertisements, etc.
I will have to experiment with shooting at 60fps. My understanding is that shooting at a lower frame rate lets more light hit the camera sensor therefore making it better for low light conditions. I’m still a noob so appreciate your suggestions. Driving in Los Angeles at night with all the city lights and not too much traffic is fun and glad you enjoyed the vid. If I were to shoot this same video two to three hours earlier, it would just be another motorcycle lane splitting video. :biker:
 
Guaza14_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
60 fps at the native lower resolution (e.g. 1080p) would have allowed for crisp stop frame viewing. Maybe 720p at 60+ fps would be ideal at night.

I like watching flicks like these because one can appreciate other riders' domains, read the dash instruments, road signage, license plates, roadside advertisements, etc.
I will have to experiment with shooting at 60fps. My understanding is that shooting at a lower frame rate lets more light hit the camera sensor therefore making it better for low light conditions. I’m still a noob so appreciate your suggestions. Driving in Los Angeles at night with all the city lights and not too much traffic is fun and glad you enjoyed the vid. If I were to shoot this same video two to three hours earlier, it would just be another motorcycle lane splitting video. :biker:
You could be right, and it could also depend on the quality of the sensor, lens and the performance of the camera processor/firmware.
 
You've done more riding at night just in the video's I've watched than I have done in the last several years. I don't even know what my FJR's instruments or headlights look like in the dark and I've had it a year/15,000 miles lol

amazing clarity and lack of wind noise in that one
 
Yes, in the right conditions, night riding is a great pleasure.
 
I'm getting dressed to ride again now. Going to take the FJR and see what it's like at night lol. Gets dark in about 45 mins.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'm getting dressed to ride again now. Going to take the FJR and see what it's like at night lol. Gets dark in about 45 mins.
Alright! I reckon it goes without much saying to be safe on those rural roads and beware of its night life.
 
thanks GO. Did a report on the instruments and lights in the other bikes thread. Yep deer here are a ever present danger, also coons, skunks and possums crossing the road.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I'm getting dressed to ride again now. Going to take the FJR and see what it's like at night lol. Gets dark in about 45 mins.
Be safe and have fun :beerchug:
 
jimgl3_imp said:
going to be my usual self and ask... why 4th gear? shift!
Sometimes I do the same thing when in dense, but free-moving freeway traffic. It provides the option to avoid a potentially unexpected situation very quickly. The darkness is an additional impediment at meaningful speed.

Otherwise, yes! Fifth gear would be quite soothing.
 
Back
Top