Soft saddlebag Stays/Mounts

dennylee11_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I need to order a set of stays for my CB. Has anyone ordered a set from webike in Japan? Part numbers? Price? Do they fit with stock Honda rear rack?
Denny
 
I am currently working on this issue myself. If you can wait to do anything for a bit I can be the guinea pig. I have a rear rack on order and some cortec saddlebags and tail bag. I've been trying to avoid ordering from Japan if I can help it. Saddleman and Cobra have a universal stay bar for the saddlebags in the US, and my biggest concern will be having to move the rear turn signals to make room for the bags. My Honda people are pretty confident we can improvise and move the turn signals without having to go to Webike. I'm in Cincinnati so if you can wait a but I can let you know how it goes.
 
I have received almost everything to begin the process of adding stay bars, bags, etc etc to my bike. I should be able to provide some information sometime this weekend for those awaiting a response from me.
 
Guys I too am ordering the kit from Japan - I have the rear luggage rack on my bike with saddlebag stay bars, but it required customization to make it work. The rear turn signals have not been moved yet. So my saddle bags are not usable at this time. I had to have Honda use my Willie & Max stay bars pieces as spacers for the luggage rack in place of the ones which came with the rack, and still they needed to be grinded down to make things work. So I'm going to buy the kit from Japan to see if its workable without all kinds of modifications.
 
Thread starter
I ordered a "yet to be advertised but soon to be shipped to the States in September " set from SW-Moto (through Twisted Throttle) yesterday. About $300 and adapters are going to be available for most of the major brands of hardbags - if you want to go that way in the future. My big question to the company - yet to be answered - are they compatible with the Honda OEM rear rack? If not, I will cancel my order. If interested I can send you the link the company sent me.
 
I can't wait to find out if stays will work with the rack. Been wondering since I got the bike.
 
Samurider got back with me today regarding there stay bar and winker relocation kit. I asked them if there stay bars would work with the Honda Rack; Their reply today was no.
 
ART_imp said:
Samurider got back with me today regarding there stay bar and winker relocation kit. I asked them if there stay bars would work with the Honda Rack; Their reply today was no.
ART,

Thank you for posting the reply.
 
Thread starter
I got word back from Twisted Throttle today about the SW-Moto saddle bag mounts. They are a NO GO with OEM Honda rear racks. Back to square one boys.
 
dennylee11_imp said:
I got word back from Twisted Throttle today about the SW-Moto saddle bag mounts. They are a NO GO with OEM Honda rear racks. Back to square one boys.
Has nonevof U seen My for sale ad to sell my Dug Out brand soft bag supportsvmade for the CB? I bought the H/B 42L hard bags so I want to sell the soft bag supports.
 
HERE ARE THE PHOTOS OF WILLIE & MAX STAY MOUNTS (BLACK) WITH THE HONDA REAR LUGGAGE RACK AFTER MODIFICATIONS. PLEASE NOTE THE CORTEC BAGS ARE 36 LITER PER SIDE EXPANDED WITH A TAIL BAG BEING 24 LITERS. NOTE IN THIS CONFIGURATION NO PASSENGER. THE REAR TURN SIGNALS HAVE ALSO BEEN MOVED. Private Group Photo & Video Sharing
 
GREAT ART! THANKS FOR SHARING! Could we get you to unlock your caps? It appears that you're yelling (which may be useful in person but less necessary while on line). :)
 
Glad you got it figured out Art
 
Art it looks like you have little bullet lights mounted as turn signals bolted where your rear reflectors were? Was that done by the dealrship?
 
Back
Top