Smart Brake Module

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
Thread starter
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I was looking at that product before. It also acts as a brake light modulator.
Yes, although I think it may modulate only when it detects engine braking. Don't hold me to that, though.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I was looking at that product before. It also acts as a brake light modulator.
Yes, although I think it may modulate only when it detects engine braking. Don't hold me to that, though.
Yes, on closer inspection I believe you're right Cormanus. Still an interesting idea though.

I was reading the comments and apparently the way you switch between modulating and non-modulating is to install it right side up or upside down....strange. I wonder what happens if you install it sideways?
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
I was looking at that product before. It also acts as a brake light modulator.
Yes, although I think it may modulate only when it detects engine braking. Don't hold me to that, though.
Yes, on closer inspection I believe you're right Cormanus. Still an interesting idea though.

I was reading the comments and apparently the way you switch between modulating and non-modulating is to install it right side up or upside down....strange. I wonder what happens if you install it sideways?
Yes, on closer inspection I believe you're right Cormanus. Still an interesting idea though.

I was reading the comments and apparently the way you switch between modulating and non-modulating is to install it right side up or upside down....strange. I wonder what happens if you install it sideways?
Sounds like the manufacture is using technology (e.g. maybe some MEMs devices) that leverage gravity for some of its configuration at boot-up (power-up). No doubt there is an embedded inertial measurement unit to help manage the module's normal behaviour.
 
Back
Top