SlipOn Exhaust For 2014 CB1100 Deluxe

Honda4Ed_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Put my Deluxe on a diet, which balanced the appearance and dropped about 20lbs.
Traded two major mufflers and a center stand for a pair of Coffmanexhaust slip ons.
I have a lift so I don't really need the center stand.
Cranked up the db's to a sweet level yet not offensive - and its stereo! Not exactly like my 1970 CB750 but sooo nice.
All this for a very reasonable $440.
[attachment=2632]
And the logo red matches! How cool is that!
 
What is it you have on the bars, Honda4Ed?
 
Thread starter
On the end a KAOKO cruise control. In the middle an Adaptiv fuzz buster that is wireless to a helmet mounted LED in my periphery.
Both work really well.
I think you are assuming the mounted device on the handlebars is a camera. It is an Adaptiv fuzz buster with a wireless receiver in my
helmet that flashes an LED in my periphery. Works really well and has saved me from several tickets.
On the end a KAOKO cruise control. In the middle an Adaptiv fuzz buster that is wireless to a helmet mounted LED in my periphery.
Both work really well.
 
Thread starter
it works exactly as intended I like it very much. It is a throttle lock not really a genuine cruise control and it gives my hand and my wrist needed relief on long rides.
 
I keep looking at the Kaoko cruise control. Elipten there was some discussion about the right one to order in another thread. I don't remember exactly how it went.
 
Thread starter
Note the -17, this is the proper size. Do not order the 19. I tried to tell the Kaoko guys but I think the European versions are 19 so they made no change. Aren't you glad I'm here to save you the hassle of having to send it back because it's the wrong size (like I had to)?
KAO.HND30-17 Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (Honda CB1000R, CB1300) $124.99
One more note about the Kaoko.
it replaced what used to be a chrome bar end weight. So, upon completion I had chrome on the left and a black Kaoko on the right - not the best balance of appearance. I changed the one on the left to a black weight - looks better/ok. Long story on how I got it - they can be found on the 2013 version.
 
Thanks Honda3Ed. That was what I remembered.
 
Honda4Ed_imp said:
Put my Deluxe on a diet, which balanced the appearance and dropped about 20lbs.
Traded two major mufflers and a center stand for a pair of Coffmanexhaust slip ons.
I have a lift so I don't really need the center stand.
Cranked up the db's to a sweet level yet not offensive - and its stereo! Not exactly like my 1970 CB750 but sooo nice.
All this for a very reasonable $440.
[attachment=2632]
And the logo red matches! How cool is that!
Did the Coffmanexhaust slip on fit right on or was there an adapter needed?
 
Welcome MarkChester.
 
re: kaoko throttle lock.....i remembered twisted throttle selling one specifically for the dlx where the kit provided an end weight that was in chrome.
that was 2-3 yrs ago, possibly discontinued due to lack of sales.
 
I'll join you. no CB deserves such a hideous pipe!
the beautiful Arrow on the other hand...
1481b0698eff54dfc1200c949fdb0644.jpg
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
I'm sorry to be the bad guy, but no DLX deserves those hideous pieces of pipes installed on them. Just my .02c
I didn't want to say it, but I agree.
 
Back
Top