Slimy Crud Run

CA200_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So to day was the slimy curd rally. It is always the first Sun. in May.
It is held in two places Pine Bluff Wi and Layland Wi.
I could go on about this rally that is not a rally and how it got started but that would take pages and pages. You can find more about it on the internet. What it is everyone shows up to show their bike and then ride to
Leland if you want. I was not feeling well but for once the weather was good so I know it would be a big turnout. I wanted to see whet people
would say about the CB1100 mixed in with all the weird and expensive
bikes. There was a lot of people asked about it or told stories about their
single cam Honda's . I also had a chance to see some of my old customers,
I even saw one of my big store stickers on a case of a BMW and saw two
people wearing my old store T-shirts.There was so many bikes this year
I know I walked up and down the street for more then 2 miles and still did not see them all.I will try to post some pic. but am not to good at it.
[/img]
Here is some more=
[/img][/img][/img][/img]
[/img][/img][/img][/img]
I could go on and but if if it s odd or weird someone show's up with it. I would 5 10k bikes at Pine Bluff and 3-5k bikes at Leland.
Please feel free to ask me about this rally.
 
sweet 305 Scramber

Always thought I wanted to go to it, but looks like too many people for me.

Was Peter Egan there?
 
Hes the main reason I subscribe to Cycle World.
 
Egan is a gem.

The weather did indeed look fantastic. Nice to see at least one Hawk GT in attendance as well. :) Thanks for the report!
 
Man, I haven't seen a water buffalo in decades!
 
No buffs in the photos that I could see. That black Suzuki is an RE5 Rotary. Was only in production 2 or 3 years I think.


I had a 76 Gt750 water buffalo... i thought they were great bikes.
 
The ferret_imp said:
No buffs in the photos that I could see. That black Suzuki is an RE5 Rotary. Was only in production 2 or 3 years I think.


I had a 76 Gt750 water buffalo... i thought they were great bikes.
We had an open house at our airport a few weeks ago and some of the locals brought their old cars and bikes to display. I was surpised to see a beat up RE-5 on the line (not nearly as nice as pictured above). Amazing that folks can still keep those orphans running.
 
The ferret_imp said:
No buffs in the photos that I could see. That black Suzuki is an RE5 Rotary. Was only in production 2 or 3 years I think.


I had a 76 Gt750 water buffalo... i thought they were great bikes.
Thanks Ferret. I didn't know they made rotarys. I'm thinking I need to brush up on my motorcycles:blush:
 
I was in the motorcycle industry for 17 years..from 1972 to 1989, so I am really familiar with the models during that era, and pretty familar with them all since 1965.
You can imagine how distracted I am at classic bike shows..its like I have ADD.
 
Thread starter
[/img][/img]
[/img][/img][/img][/img]
Here is a few more , the VW was for sale $3000 it was real rough
 
The old CB 750 looks to be in great shape.
 
Ferret,

Did you ever ride an RE5? What was the rotary engine like in a bike?
 
Yes, Ive ridden one. They were rated as 500s but had power more like a 750 of the time.They weren't sure how to measure the engine capacity. They had a very wierd exhaust note, a rather blatty sound. They burned exhaust gasses very hot and had large holes in the exhaust headers facing forward to catch air and cool the exhaust. No motorcycle mechanic I knew could work on the rotary motors. The early models had a weird cover for the instruments which looked like a can laying on its side. When you turned on the key, the cover opened up so you could see the instruments. Suzuki banked a lot of the rotary, building a special plant to produce them, and the bikes sold horribly. Suzuki almost went under because of it. If it hadn't been for the success of the 79 GS 750, they probably would have.
 
That's an interesting looking turbocharger on that Kaw Z-1. Looks like it might be a little toasty on the left thigh on a warm day.
 
I was at The Crud Run as well. And I had my camera with.

38e258b5b90c1bd4a1eaa7cdf715b330.jpg


01c6a1551b2c9e3d445b809a1733ffda.jpg


c8b04945ba0f2fa9b0d7475d49ac2218.jpg


059e409f93f795386d734fbaab4c4896.jpg


c6dea1c4ef8d53c7f2e1c2b13887996c.jpg


64d8cb168fe16197c7c0fba4d83a02b1.jpg


fb0f8b0cd4d3d4efee24775ec56a6ba9.jpg


b246276191d0e400fa79e304c9533985.jpg


444b143f097221c53bc35e26cc74b6f4.jpg



40e3e197cd4ccf8699cabadcd8ab513b.jpg


Just love looking at all the old bikes
It was a great day
 
That Mach 3 Kaw and CL 450 looked nice
 
The ferret_imp said:
That Mach 3 Kaw and CL 450 looked nice
You should have seen my buddy's reaction to the Kawi triple
His face went white, he started stammering, beads of sweat appeared on his brow.

He had one just like it even the same color.

He damn near cried when we left
i found a few more pics from the crud run

Honda porn

3125d7614d916f8eaa6df2c76ffcf8b6.jpg


73c58968dec443aab3e227840e29775c.jpg


7d1f34be5b8c33f8906fd747f2d1d7f7.jpg


7a736efed79d68a96fdc82f23837117d.jpg


7a137d00286dd0104e4aa56f5bf59179.jpg
 
I had a 67 CL 77 305 Scrambler. My first "big" bike. Loved it. Totaled it when I ran into the passenger door of a 54 Dodge driven by a little old lady who turned in front of me in 1968. The replacement was the then new CB 350 in green and white which I really didn't like as much as the 305.
 
Back
Top