size of rear axel head and nut

rboe

Road warrior
Thread starter
I can't seem to find what size socket/wrench I'll need for the rear axle. I have an adjustable wrench but it's not metric :angel: but I'd rather get the corrected sized tools.

Anybody here know?
 
Check doing 600 mile service in how to. Pretty sure I put it on there. Looks like 32 mm on one side, 27 mm on other side, but Ive only needed the 32 since Ive never removed the wheel
 
My 1 1/4 socket fits the nut on the rear axle real good.
I have a 27mm box end wrench for the other side so I should be golden when it comes time for anew tire.
 
Thread starter
Rear wheel :
r/s axle nut..... 32 mm. ( 1 1/4" will fit)
l/s axle nut .... 27 mm
Chain adjuster bolts......8 mm

From the section our friendly neighborhood Ferret. And a tip of the cap to Ole to!
 
Quote:I have an adjustable wrench but it's not metric
I do read these posts even if I don't always reply. My adjustable wrench works on both metric and SAE nuts. :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
You must buy the better quality line of tools then. :worship:

:D
Isn't when it is laying on one side it is standard, and when you flip it over it is on the metric side?

:beerchug:

All of mine work for either standard or metric, I just flip it over in my hand when I want to use it on the other type...
 
Thread starter
This is a great forum! I learn so much here that I almost save the amount I spend on farkles that I've seen posted here. Almost!:angel:
 
Back
Top