Sidestand Foot

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Does anyone know where to find a kickstand foot that will fit a 2013 CB1100? Givi makes 18 different feet for various bikes but the only Honda they list is a CB500X. That foot won't work. I have that model on my NC700X and it's too big to secure the foot.

Our sidestand foot is tiny and threatens to topple the bike every time it's parked on a soft surface. I end up using the centerstand and that's a b*tch. :angel:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I didn't even know such a thing existed. I use a plastic puck when on soft ground.
Me too. Got mine at Harley for about $5.
 
There are plastic generic ones on Amazon, or you can go upscale for titanium from Aerostitch.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Plastic disc for me too. Carry it in my tank bag.
 
Why is the center stand hard to use? I find it's one of the easier one's I've had to deal with over the years. Now my old CB500T...that one SUCKED.
 
Thread starter
Why go old school when you can spend upwards of $100? :)

Next trip to the dealership I may get some funny stares when I'm down on all 4's measuring sidestand feet. There are a ton of enlargers out there but nothing listed for our bike.

Thanks guys!
 
The only reason I can think of to drink beer from a can is so that, when it's finished, there's is something to stamp on to sit the bike's side stand on.
 
Why not take the stock sidestand off and have a welder add some pieces to the side to widen it, get it home and paint it. Might cost all of $20.
 
If that is an easy center stand, I feel for you. Honda could take a lesson from the design of my BMW.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Ha...try an ST 1300. Comparitivly speaking the CB is a piece of cake, but also in comparison, my Nighthawk 750 would almost jump up on it's centerstand just on verbal command.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Does anyone know where to find a kickstand foot that will fit a 2013 CB1100? Givi makes 18 different feet for various bikes but the only Honda they list is a CB500X. That foot won't work. I have that model on my NC700X and it's too big to secure the foot.

Our sidestand foot is tiny and threatens to topple the bike every time it's parked on a soft surface. I end up using the centerstand and that's a b*tch. :angel:
CB4ME, see here. Chapomis has the answer.
 
I too have a couple of those plastic pads that I carry with me.
One is actually a Honda product given to me when I bought the 900F.
One of the things that startled me about the CB was the first time I leaned it over on the sidestand.
All my other bikes touch down fairly quickly, but the CB really leans far over and for a second I didn't think it would touch down - and it was starting to get heavy to hold - but of course it did touch down and all was well :D
 
The "custom sized" plastic piece from my old Ducati 900SS fits perfectly. I haven't had to use it very often, but I carry it around in my pocket just in case. I usually just slip it up onto the centerstand for stability if that's an option.
 
Similar problem with my 900 lb. Goldwing. A metal square cover for an electrical box solved the problem for $.60 +tax and it is portable. Next time I'm at Lowes I'll get one for the 1100. Does not come with the string but that should not be a problem to find laying around the house.
 
Thread starter
I really like the convenience of an onboard foot pad. Here's the one I have on my NC700:

6bc57b5c6629a7e142edc0bb2443669a.jpg


Lifting the CB onto its centerstand is manageable on hard level ground, but I often end up parking off road in the muck in search of that perfect photo. That's when a foot pad comes in handy
 
CB4ME,

Does that pad contact the exhaust pipe/muffler? Does it cause the side stand to ride lower away from the bike. It looks great in the picture and I am sure it does the job!
 
Thread starter
Teamwalker_imp said:
CB4ME,

Does that pad contact the exhaust pipe/muffler? Does it cause the side stand to ride lower away from the bike. It looks great in the picture and I am sure it does the job!
If you look closely you can see where I shaved the side nearest the exhaust to avoid contact. It doesn't touch now.

Since the foot is a lot larger, you need to keep the bike level or slightly tilted to the right when engaging the side stand. But I like that the bike is not leaned way over on its left side when the side stand is engaged.
 
Back
Top