Shorty Exhaust

branew_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Has anyone tried replacing stocker exhaust with something like this universal shorty?
This thing sounds great on my ’80 CB750.
Found mine at Dime City Cycles.

 
I wouldn't mind maybe trying out a shorty.I've changed out exhaust
twice before ( Valkyrie Tourer and VTX 1800 }and went with a full header.
But I gotta tell ya,I really dig that 4-into-1 header.It matches up
perfectly with this model and looks great.
But I also hate waste.The OEM exhaust looks good.Maybe a bit long.
 
It looks like the "generic cone exhaust" one of the guys posted about a few monts ago. It was cheap and he really liked the sound. IIRC, he had to get a small connector pipe made at the local muffler shop.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
It looks like the "generic cone exhaust" one of the guys posted about a few monts ago. It was cheap and he really liked the sound. IIRC, he had to get a small connector pipe made at the local muffler shop.
I Made a mistake with my Valkyrie aftermarket exhaust.
I just got Cobra's and wasn't paying attention.They did sound
good.But Cobra had a reputation among metrics as being THE
first Aftermarket exhaust manufacture to run out and offer
a pipe.Vance & Hines usually taking their sweet time.
I think maybe a Japanese aftermarket might be best.
No one is talking about Two Brothers pipes.How come.
 
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
 
_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
It looks like the "generic cone exhaust" one of the guys posted about a few monts ago. It was cheap and he really liked the sound. IIRC, he had to get a small connector pipe made at the local muffler shop.
I Made a mistake with my Valkyrie aftermarket exhaust.
I just got Cobra's and wasn't paying attention.They did sound
good.But Cobra had a reputation among metrics as being THE
first Aftermarket exhaust manufacture to run out and offer
a pipe.Vance & Hines usually taking their sweet time.
I think maybe a Japanese aftermarket might be best.
No one is talking about Two Brothers pipes.How come.
I Made a mistake with my Valkyrie aftermarket exhaust.
I just got Cobra's and wasn't paying attention.They did sound
good.But Cobra had a reputation among metrics as being THE
first Aftermarket exhaust manufacture to run out and offer
a pipe.Vance & Hines usually taking their sweet time.
I think maybe a Japanese aftermarket might be best.
No one is talking about Two Brothers pipes.How come.
two brothers has been mentioned several times and talked about.

I searched the forums and here are the search results: "TWO BROTHERS"
 
dBuster_imp said:
_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
It looks like the "generic cone exhaust" one of the guys posted about a few monts ago. It was cheap and he really liked the sound. IIRC, he had to get a small connector pipe made at the local muffler shop.
I Made a mistake with my Valkyrie aftermarket exhaust.
I just got Cobra's and wasn't paying attention.They did sound
good.But Cobra had a reputation among metrics as being THE
first Aftermarket exhaust manufacture to run out and offer
a pipe.Vance & Hines usually taking their sweet time.
I think maybe a Japanese aftermarket might be best.
No one is talking about Two Brothers pipes.How come.
I Made a mistake with my Valkyrie aftermarket exhaust.
I just got Cobra's and wasn't paying attention.They did sound
good.But Cobra had a reputation among metrics as being THE
first Aftermarket exhaust manufacture to run out and offer
a pipe.Vance & Hines usually taking their sweet time.
I think maybe a Japanese aftermarket might be best.
No one is talking about Two Brothers pipes.How come.
two brothers has been mentioned several times and talked about.

I searched the forums and here are the search results: "TWO BROTHERS"

I Made a mistake with my Valkyrie aftermarket exhaust.
I just got Cobra's and wasn't paying attention.They did sound
good.But Cobra had a reputation among metrics as being THE
first Aftermarket exhaust manufacture to run out and offer
a pipe.Vance & Hines usually taking their sweet time.
I think maybe a Japanese aftermarket might be best.
No one is talking about Two Brothers pipes.How come.
two brothers has been mentioned several times and talked about.

I searched the forums and here are the search results: "[url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/search.php?action=results&sid=b3394f0744b408a709833d13efad4c89&sortby=lastpost&order=desc]TWO BROTHERS" Voodoo Shorty 17 inch reverse cone megaphone. Great sound,quality,and price. Staintune can't even be compared at over 800$ mine was 110$ and didn't even use a link pipe
 
Deanohh_imp said:
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
 
Not a fan of the shorty's, but a buddy has one on his older KZ1000. Oh man it sounds good. Would not want to tour on it or even spend a full day with it. But short city rides. Yes! Nothing like the old iron straight inline fours at speed. One of the better parts of the Mad Max movie. Would not do it to the CB, but has me thinking about an older KZ. His was a Kerker.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
No. That was because the amazing value seemed just too good to be true. I never should have offered to include the Amazing Shrinking Hose...that put it over the top.
Deanohh_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
No. That was because the amazing value seemed just too good to be true. I never should ave offered to include the Amazing Shrinking Hose...that put it over the top.
Deanohh_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
No. That was because the amazing value seemed just too good to be true. I never should ave offered to include the Amazing Shrinking Hose...that put it over the top.
Deanohh_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
There's a thread on this forum but it died on the vine because the two bros is too ugly and is so loud that nobody can stand to run it.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
That's a little harsh. The aluminum version looks ok. Its loud, but its a racy, glasspack loud. And there's no doubt it gives an amazing performance boost.

For $350 its not a bad value.
is that why nobody would buy yours that was for sale for a month?
No. That was because the amazing value seemed just too good to be true. I never should ave offered to include the Amazing Shrinking Hose...that put it over the top.
 
:rofl:


:rofl:


:rofl:


:rofl:
 
Back
Top