Short Trip to Sardenia

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
Dear friends of a good ride,

recently I had to go to Sardinia to see a man about a horse.

Well, I decided, to pick up this chance for a nice motorcycle ride. It was a 4 days trip, 2,048 km over all.

Friday, June 3

In the early morning I started at my home town Filderstadt, direction south. I took the chance to go some sideways to check the route of a tour, I wanted to guide my friends the next Sunday after this Sunday.

After that I went south thru Switzerland, destination Genova, Italy, Mediterranian Sea.

At the Gotthard pass it was still quite chilly

fc1af69bbcbedb835ab0b383fb7c7b3f.jpg


and a lot of this white stuff was still laying around.

73002d3fa58b10951ebf47f4f5991d68.jpg


From Genova I took the overnight ferry to Porto Torres, Sardinia.

Saturday/Sunday, June 04/05

At Sardinia, somehow the weather was .... different. And there were really nice roads with freaking nice curves and no traffic at all, e.g. like here with view at Alghero,

7d2e2d05d91633f72dce87ebfb750092.jpg


and other really nice views, like this one from Monte Limbara.

eafdda75dd02773a92543e16999f2a73.jpg


Meanwhile you find some nice sidewalk cafe for some rest.

7bcb82dbbd7a5bc49c02153cc9843829.jpg


At Sardinia you can really use the whole tire.

b474e3a762837925ab428421397da0d0.jpg


Time went by fast as hell and Sunday evening I was alread waiting again at Porto Torres to embark the ferry to Genova.

3b44bc49dd89e9c04079c28ff322b84c.jpg


and said good-bye to Sardinia.

946d0e7e7fa7bb03d72ae7c83436ce8c.jpg


Monday, June 06

At the St. Bernadino pass back over the Alps, it was quite chilly again.
However, the weather was much more agreeable than last Friday.

dc2b2e7dce0708c89f5b1cd1ec56cdd4.jpg


69adcc0d8eec750df89f53f8a6f50bba.jpg


2fcaaab17908974b3b98ca0eb3c8cdad.jpg


But then, back down the valley at the foot of the Alps, it was really nice again, time to change to t-shirt.

ecf58f7f66bfcb9224c506710e089257.jpg


Sardinia is really nice. I have to come back in a while, may be for some more days... :biker:
 
Fantastic Django. Thanks. Glad you had a good trip.
 
Hey Django, good to see you posting. Great photos of an excellent trip. How's your bike running? Still happy with it? It looks just perfect for a trip like that.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Hi Ptero,

the bike runs like silk as my CB1100 did. However, this tamed fireblade engine has more punch than the CB in the higher revs, which actually is a lot of fun.

The windshield is adjustable in height. So, if you have to make some distance fast, you can pull it up and go at the Autobahn for 150-160 km/h travel speed for hours. Fastest speed so far was 220 km/h.

I think, brakes are just the same cbs as at the CB1100 2013 ABS standard. Chassis, front and back suspension is more confident, than at the CB. You can go faster and lean more while cornering.

This bike was made for me. I just bought it from Mr. Honda as it is and beside mounting the gps, no modifications have been made yet. For now it just fits.

I really enjoy it.
 
That is so awesome Django. What a great place you live in to be able to make trips like that into such beautiful places. Bike looks good. I wish Honda would bring it here. I am about due for a new sport tourer.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That is so awesome Django. What a great place you live in to be able to make trips like that into such beautiful places. Bike looks good. I wish Honda would bring it here. I am about due for a new sport tourer.
Really? That ST of yours will go forever.
 
Back
Top