Shoei RF-1400 coming

Roper_imp

Been there
Thread starter
My RF-1200 is almost 5 years old. I've been looking at new lids for the past few months. Maybe I'll wait a few more months for this.

"Shoei extolled the RF-1400’s various new features, with comfort and noise abatement as the central theme."

"The faceshield is claimed to be tighter around the viewport when closed, reducing draft and noise. Shoei has added “shield vortex generators,” a trickle-down bit of technology from its race-ready X-14 helmet."

Interesting story in Ultimate Motorcycling. Plus, I think their choice of bike in the very top photo is cool.

Story here.
 
I hope it's good. It is now 2021 (22 years into the 21st century). Helmet technology ought to be accelerating at the pace of materials technology - which is raising the bar at a blazing pace.
 
I may spring for this too. Noise dampening and comfort are two things I appreciate and am willing to pay for since I spend so much time in that space. Going from my Bell Qualifier to the Shoei Qwest was like jumping from a Hyundai to a BMW 7 series in terms of comfort and noise. Let's hope the $$$ isn't too dear.
 
Thread starter
bigsheep_imp said:
I may spring for this too. Noise dampening and comfort are two things I appreciate and am willing to pay for since I spend so much time in that space. Going from my Bell Qualifier to the Shoei Qwest was like jumping from a Hyundai to a BMW 7 series in terms of comfort and noise. Let's hope the $$$ isn't too dear.
Looks like it will be around $500. That's a lot to pay for a helmet. However, compared to a $50,000 hospital bill...
 
I've had two Shoei helmets--the RF1100 I think and the Q one, both very nice in solid colors. Not too keen on the "graphics" helmet choices of this 1400; would be more interested if they had a solid gold, or maybe a cream colored solid.
 
For me, being the first?

Less than that helmet.

Also not comparable, because you can buy many other helmets.

You can’t buy any other cams for this motorcycle.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved my Shoei helmet, I recently bought another Shoei, and my wife also has a ShoeI helmet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It’s about $575 USD. Seems about right for a good helmet.
 
Josh, are you including the cost of the stock cams? and don't go deducting where you sold the old ones, etc. LOL! or sold them after, what was up front raw cost?
 
If I sold the stock ones I removed (which I didn't bother) it certainly would be subtracted as I bought a set of used cams off ebay for the project- so if I turned around and sold my stock ones- of course it would be subtracted.

Why does any of that matter? I simply made a comment about the helmet being a lot of cabbage. Geez. Go eat a snickers.
Review-
 
Back
Top