Southwend
Running like a top
Thread starter
My new cb has the shocks as the dealer set them, second notch on rear, third notch barely showing on the front. I am about 185lbs. I took my son, 120lbs, out for a ride the other day. Granted it wasn't very long but the suspension felt better to me with the additional weight.
But what could this mean Obie Wan? I am just a big sissy softy now or would I get a similar effect by going backwards on my adjustments? I imagine the trade off is handling?
The set up just felt like it was soaking up more road with the additional weight on board. this is the first bike I have owned with adjustable options on front and rear I know I can just experiment and will, if I set the rears on the first notch that would be a move to softer and then I would do what to the front, turn to expose fewer notches? And yes I do find the current setting to be a bit of a punch in the butt over bumps at hi way speed. An improvement over the Thruxton and way better than the old Sportster cafe racer no doubt, but is this just part of the non-mono shock ride I should expect?
But what could this mean Obie Wan? I am just a big sissy softy now or would I get a similar effect by going backwards on my adjustments? I imagine the trade off is handling?
The set up just felt like it was soaking up more road with the additional weight on board. this is the first bike I have owned with adjustable options on front and rear I know I can just experiment and will, if I set the rears on the first notch that would be a move to softer and then I would do what to the front, turn to expose fewer notches? And yes I do find the current setting to be a bit of a punch in the butt over bumps at hi way speed. An improvement over the Thruxton and way better than the old Sportster cafe racer no doubt, but is this just part of the non-mono shock ride I should expect?