Shinko 777 tires for my 2017 CB1100ex

Thread starter

G.O. Peter didn't send the one pic of me forming the fender by putting it in a vise.. that is how I got it just a little narrower in the middle.. I took my time and carefully closed the vise.. then checked to see how much the fender would spring back..then closed the vise a little more.. while the fender was in the vise, I straightened out the 4 mounting brackets with just my hands.. they had the tendency to turn in too much as I closed the vise..
chuckk j.
 
Geez! These tyres better be good!
 
Thread starter
it is a lot of work, just to fit a tire.. but once the work is done, the rest of the little CB's day's will be filled with reward.. we are getting a lot of rain here in Southern California.. So seeing that I cannot ride in this stuff, why not fondle my beauty.. turning it into Chuckk's perfect bike.. it will never have the power that I have been used to in the past, but at 75 years old it will suffice ..
 
Thread starter
it's a dirty job, but I am now forced to wear out my stock tires, thus allowing me to proceed with the sealing of the rims and installation of the Shinko's .. I must admit, I usually squeeze more miles out of tires than I should before changing them, so I must get busy .. my favorite road, hwy 33, out of Ojai seems to be kind of abrasive and I usually get about 3000 miles on a front tire.. I am anxious to compare tire wear between the stock d205's and the Shinko 777's .. I believe I have about 2000 miles on the 205's right now ..
chuckk j.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
it's a dirty job, but I am now forced to wear out my stock tires, thus allowing me to proceed with the sealing of the rims and installation of the Shinko's .. I must admit, I usually squeeze more miles out of tires than I should before changing them, so I must get busy .. my favorite road, hwy 33, out of Ojai seems to be kind of abrasive and I usually get about 3000 miles on a front tire.. I am anxious to compare tire wear between the stock d205's and the Shinko 777's .. I believe I have about 2000 miles on the 205's right now ..
chuckk j.
I’ve got a new OUTEX kit I bought from SAMURIDER when I bought his spoked rims but I decided not to use it...I’ll pm you
 
Thread starter
well, my Shinko's have arrived !! .. I still have to finish up with the stock d-205's but it shouldn't take me too long .. boy, that front Shinko looks awfully big !! .. I will email the pics of the Shinko's to Peter, and hopefully he will have time to post them for me.. he does a great job and I really appreciate his help..
chuckk j.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
well, my Shinko's have arrived !! .. I still have to finish up with the stock d-205's but it shouldn't take me too long .. boy, that front Shinko looks awfully big !! .. I will email the pics of the Shinko's to Peter, and hopefully he will have time to post them for me.. he does a great job and I really appreciate his help..
chuckk j.
Here are your tires Chuckk:

173f9edc962dd1d0234dfb1c80079e6f.jpg


3dba6480982a22af70c6ceae228c15e7.jpg

:)
 
I’ve run BT45s which are non-radial tyres and they were fine.
 
Thread starter
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Sorry but why all this work/modifications for these Shinkos?
like most of us Daniel, we want our bikes to be a little different than all of the others out there.. I don't buy too much bolt on stuff.. I have the time and a small amount of ability to make mine a one-of-a-kind CB .. from my riders backrest to my gerbing heated gloves and vest, modified, of course.. I just find it challenging and rewarding.. I have used Shinko's on my two CBR 1100 blackbirds and liked them.. they were higher rated radials though.. also on my 1800 goldwing.. I may be a little premature in posting my little shinko adventure, with peter's help, but I thought others might enjoy watching my struggle.. I am very curious, as to how the Shinko's will fit and how the bike will handle and perform.. so you guys just sit back and watch my folly !! .. (I hope that last sentence is a joke) ....... chuckk j.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Sorry but why all this work/modifications for these Shinkos?
like most of us Daniel, we want our bikes to be a little different than all of the others out there.. I don't buy too much bolt on stuff.. I have the time and a small amount of ability to make mine a one-of-a-kind CB .. from my riders backrest to my gerbing heated gloves and vest, modified, of course.. I just find it challenging and rewarding.. I have used Shinko's on my two CBR 1100 blackbirds and liked them.. they were higher rated radials though.. also on my 1800 goldwing.. I may be a little premature in posting my little shinko adventure, with peter's help, but I thought others might enjoy watching my struggle.. I am very curious, as to how the Shinko's will fit and how the bike will handle and perform.. so you guys just sit back and watch my folly !! .. (I hope that last sentence is a joke) ....... chuckk j.
Hey Chuckk: What does your rider's backrest look like?
 
Thank PB. It looks like it on the frame, but appears close to the range of the swing arm?

Interesting Chuckk. That is quite the back support for sure.
 
Back
Top