Shad SH-29 Top Case

The Spaceman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I wanted a top case for the bike to carry "commuting" stuff like the half-cover, rain suit, etc. The dealer installed the rack, so I looked at the Honda factory case. With shipping it's almost $700!

I found Shad's SH-29 online and ordered it. It comes with everything you need for under $100. The base plate fits the tail rack like it was made for it. Installation took 10 minutes. The case comes in a number of colors; I ordered red. The case color is lighter than the bike's, and it doesn't have the metal flake. But it's pretty close, and at a glance you might think it came with the bike.

Web Page Under Construction
 
Thanks for sharing and posting. I may go for this case based on looks and cost. Do you mind taking pictures of the bike with the case from the side and back as well?
 
Shad makes good stuff. While lesser known than Givi they do produce some OEM bags for BMW, in Spain I think.

I've kept my Shad topcase even though I sold the BMW it was mounted on. Figure I can use it again on some bike since it is made well.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Thread starter
Yes, its on the factory rack. The baseplate fits it like they made it for the rack.

Can't beat it for $100!
ron1100_imp said:
Thanks for sharing and posting. I may go for this case based on looks and cost. Do you mind taking pictures of the bike with the case from the side and back as well?
Check that link I posted, I sent thvm several pics of the bike they said they'd use on their site.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Yes, its on the factory rack. The baseplate fits it like they made it for the rack.

Can't beat it for $100!
ron1100_imp said:
Thanks for sharing and posting. I may go for this case based on looks and cost. Do you mind taking pictures of the bike with the case from the side and back as well?
Check that link I posted, I sent thvm several pics of the bike they said they'd use on their site.
Thanks Spaceman !
 
Back
Top