Setting clock for daylight savings time

Thread starter
My wife loves dst and I must admit I'm kinda fond of it too. The longer it stays light in the evening, the more we like it. Hate winter when it's 4:00 pm and it's dark already. Last night you could still see outside at 8:00 PM. Allows you to do stuff outside after dinner. (including ride, without riding in the dark)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol it cracks me up how many of you don't bother to set the time right on your bikes. It drives me crazy if the time isn't right.
It's a funny thing, though, because my bike clock is the only one I don't change. It is set exactly in sync with my smartphone, so the minutes are correct. For me, the DST months are roughly the same as my "serious" riding months. Standard Time months are about the same as "winter riding months. Looking down at my clock in the winter and seeing it an hour off reminds me of those warmer times to come when my clock is correct, the sun is high, and the roads have shrugged off their dandruff of salt, sand, and grime.
 
I really pay no attention to time and have been retired for so long it does not effect me but my roosters are now an hour off
Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
 
Well, my motorcycle clock always starts to be an hour fast every year around end of October.

Then, after some time, when it gets annoying and I really start to think about fixing it, most of the time around end of March, out of a sudden it's right again. Duh!

I dunno...

:cool:
 
Flynrider_imp said:
4 Paws_imp said:
I leave the Ural set to daylight savings time, it needs all the help it can get.
Really, I thought those were permanently set to Siberian Standard Time.
Really, I thought those were permanently set to Siberian Standard Time.
Yah, including Alaska before March 30, 1867..
:rofl:

pb
 
I was right. Here it is five months later and all my bike clocks are showing correct time :banana: :clap: :excited::rofl: :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol it cracks me up how many of you don't bother to set the time right on your bikes. It drives me crazy if the time isn't right.
+1
 
Leave clocks on DLST...then in fall...just look at clock & subtract 1(one) hour...I consider it an exercise in prevention of dementia(for those of us retired)...now...ugh...what was it we were discussing????...oh, yeah,...now...mental exercise is to remember to NOT subtract the 1(one) hour...or was the formula: F=MA?
 
Like LR I don’t change mine in the fall. Don’t ride in the Winter either. But now, all of a sudden, the clock is correct!! Its like magic or something :)
 
Thread starter
I have a feeling I won't be bringing this to the top in future years.
 
Thread starter
:rofl:

I had no idea that it has been used so long by so many. I thought it was like 20 years old.

Fun learning sometimes.
 
about to get worse as i live only a few miles from Alabama in 2 directions and spend much time over the line. so i am about to be as confused as my two roosters every day who are now crowing one hour off !

"By overwhelming, bipartisan majorities, the normally fractious Senate and House agreed this week to make Florida the first in the nation to adopt year-round daylight saving time statewide. "
 
Thread starter
Maybe I will learn some more here

What the heck is year round daylight savings time?
 
spring forward and never back , so that means thanks to your help i will never have to change the clock again on my cb :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Hmmm going to have to ponder that awhile. That's not taking advantage of daylight, that's just changing the time of the world ..... Right?
 
Is the whole Daylight Savings Time thing finally nearing an end? Any justification for it is pretty antiquated today, right?

I had the good fortune of growing up in Indiana without it and lived in Arizona for a few years too...
 
Back
Top