GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Aw man, I wish I had that advice much earlier. Drat. :dodgy:The ferret_imp said:Work every day, save some of every paycheck, and don't spend yourself foolishly into an abyss is my best advice.Oh yea, don't get a divorce.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Aw man, I wish I had that advice much earlier. Drat. :dodgy:The ferret_imp said:Work every day, save some of every paycheck, and don't spend yourself foolishly into an abyss is my best advice.Oh yea, don't get a divorce.
Aw man, I wish I had that advice much earlier. Drat. :dodgy:GoldOxide_imp said:Aw man, I wish I had that advice much earlier. Drat. :dodgy:The ferret_imp said:Work every day, save some of every paycheck, and don't spend yourself foolishly into an abyss is my best advice.Oh yea, don't get a divorce.
I often cite that advice, but, humans do what they do: Fall in lust, err, I mean, Love, get married (or get pregnant then get married), buy a house, raise children, lose a job, wish they never had children - but they love their children, want to separate but are too fearful, yadda, yadda. Very common. Very first world humanity.Bheezy27403_imp said:Aw man, I wish I had that advice much earlier. Drat. :dodgy:GoldOxide_imp said:Aw man, I wish I had that advice much earlier. Drat. :dodgy:The ferret_imp said:Work every day, save some of every paycheck, and don't spend yourself foolishly into an abyss is my best advice.Oh yea, don't get a divorce.
Easy solution...don't get married. That's the advice I needed earlier.

Glad to help out. :rofl:Guth_imp said:If there was ever a group of people to avoid relationship advice from it's a bunch of older single guys on a motorcycle forum.
Just one more reason why we work so hard to keep the conversation focused on motorcycles and motorcycling.:biker:
I'd say 100 grand is a good deal. :-/The ferret_imp said:Like my ol huntin buddy Maggie used to say (who was married 3 times)
Love is grand.....
Divorce is 100 grand.
Well shared Nortoon.Nortoon_imp said:It is easy to drift apart when your jobs and household chores become your priorities. Developing different interests and friends doesn't help either. I became aware of it after I stopped playing baseball and retired. We were more like roommates by then.
But fortunately I realized this was the same girl I married decades ago and loved to be with. So I started treating her like I did before we were married. The first step was date night once a week at our favourite Italian restaurant. Then the occasional hug, or a snuggle before falling asleep. Amazing how both of your attitudes change when you share a little love. The old adage "Happy wife, happy life." certainly has a lot of truth to it.
I bought a motorcycle thinking I could enjoy the fun I had as a young man. But I soon found out you can't go back in time. My riding buddies are all gone, and spending evenings at a donut shop talking to strangers isn't the same. But I love my weekly day rides even though I prefer to ride alone.

These are wise words. Words of experience. Words of life's lessons. Thank you for articulating them!Nortoon_imp said:It is easy to drift apart when your jobs and household chores become your priorities. Developing different interests and friends doesn't help either. I became aware of it after I stopped playing baseball and retired. We were more like roommates by then.
But fortunately I realized this was the same girl I married decades ago and loved to be with. So I started treating her like I did before we were married. The first step was date night once a week at our favourite Italian restaurant. Then the occasional hug, or a snuggle before falling asleep. Amazing how both of your attitudes change when you share a little love. The old adage "Happy wife, happy life." certainly has a lot of truth to it.
I bought a motorcycle thinking I could enjoy the fun I had as a young man. But I soon found out you can't go back in time. My riding buddies are all gone, and spending evenings at a donut shop talking to strangers isn't the same. But I love my weekly day rides even though I prefer to ride alone.