Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Part of my motivation for adopting a lower power stable mate for the CB1100 stable was in large part of the same issue described here. I get a spectrum of ride options, but the mule provides a margin of flexibility and economy for routine days. It doesn't solve negligent drivers - by no means.Cormanus_imp said:Thanks for the reply, LouA. I understand. I'm a bit younger than you, but I'm finding the business of getting past the cars and out of the city is increasingly painful. I think many of us older blokes do very well, but we also have to face that our reflexes and ability to deal with the aggravation of heavy traffic are gradually fading. If it's no longer fun, it's time to hang up the helmet. I hope you get to hang on to the bike a little longer and ride it a bit more. If not, best wishes for the next adventure. Drop in and tell us about it.
For that you need mini-guns.GoldOxide_imp said:Part of my motivation for adopting a lower power stable mate for the CB1100 stable was in large part of the same issue described here. I get a spectrum of ride options, but the mule provides a margin of flexibility and economy for routine days. It doesn't solve negligent drivers - by no means.Cormanus_imp said:Thanks for the reply, LouA. I understand. I'm a bit younger than you, but I'm finding the business of getting past the cars and out of the city is increasingly painful. I think many of us older blokes do very well, but we also have to face that our reflexes and ability to deal with the aggravation of heavy traffic are gradually fading. If it's no longer fun, it's time to hang up the helmet. I hope you get to hang on to the bike a little longer and ride it a bit more. If not, best wishes for the next adventure. Drop in and tell us about it.


For that you need mini-guns.Flynrider_imp said:For that you need mini-guns.GoldOxide_imp said:Part of my motivation for adopting a lower power stable mate for the CB1100 stable was in large part of the same issue described here. I get a spectrum of ride options, but the mule provides a margin of flexibility and economy for routine days. It doesn't solve negligent drivers - by no means.Cormanus_imp said:Thanks for the reply, LouA. I understand. I'm a bit younger than you, but I'm finding the business of getting past the cars and out of the city is increasingly painful. I think many of us older blokes do very well, but we also have to face that our reflexes and ability to deal with the aggravation of heavy traffic are gradually fading. If it's no longer fun, it's time to hang up the helmet. I hope you get to hang on to the bike a little longer and ride it a bit more. If not, best wishes for the next adventure. Drop in and tell us about it.
![]()
Ottawa/Hull must be pretty cool on a scooter.Nortoon_imp said:There are a million people in the Ottawa area, but I avoid riding in the city. I live in a suburb on the south edge of the city. A five minute ride through our quiet neighbourhood brings me to two 80 KPH rural roads with very little traffic on them. They are my escape routes to the country. If I had to put up with rush hour traffic, I would not own a motorcycle either.
Too bad. I visit Capital Oh often and I am lucky to never experience rush hour there. Pleasant visits to Kanata/Nepean/Ottawa and, um, Hull. But, I get my lumps around Toronto.Nortoon_imp said:In the eighties people referred to Ottawa as a town. The Queensway (an east/west expressway) actually moved traffic at highway speeds. Now during rush hours it can be a parking lot.
During the summers in those years Penny and I would ride our Goldwing to and from work. It was a pleasant ride home on the Ottawa River Parkway.
Now it's another parking lot during the evening rush hours.