Selling my 2014 CB1100 Deluxe

jay4252_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi,

I need advice. I just had triple bypass surgery, and I'm not riding much now. I need advice on how much I should sell my 2014 CB1100 Deluxe w/ 1200 miles. What price should I expect? How much are they going for these days? What is the best way to sell this bike? I couldn't find used ones for sale to compare to. Thanks.
 
Jay, hope you're recovering well. When you figure a pice make enough random posts to allow you to advertise it on the forum. There've been a few members interested in a DLX.
 
jay4252_imp said:
Hi,

I need advice. I just had triple bypass surgery, and I'm not riding much now. I need advice on how much I should sell my 2014 CB1100 Deluxe w/ 1200 miles. What price should I expect? How much are they going for these days? What is the best way to sell this bike? I couldn't find used ones for sale to compare to. Thanks.
Jay hold off selling it till after you recover from the bypass. I have had a 3 way bypass and have had 4 stents and I am still riding. You will be surprised at how much more energy you will have.
Kevin
 
I agree to hold off selling it if you can. You can always sell it later.

Kelly Blue Book is a good starting point for pricing but local market conditions will often prevail. I bought my DLX from a Honda dealer this summer and paid $1500 less than the retail number mentioned above.
 
Not knowing what part of Florida you are in, year round riding or ? I pesonnelly would wait till spring, best time to sell. This time of year is the best time to buy. There are 5 Standards on eBay right now varying in price. There was a guy selling a 14 DLX from Michigan on here asking I think around $12000. Yours has lower miles. Hope you get better soon and maybe you will change your mind. If it is a must sell, start high, you can always go down. Good luck.
 
jay4252_imp said:
Hi,

I need advice. I just had triple bypass surgery, and I'm not riding much now. I need advice on how much I should sell my 2014 CB1100 Deluxe w/ 1200 miles. What price should I expect? How much are they going for these days? What is the best way to sell this bike? I couldn't find used ones for sale to compare to. Thanks.
First, hope you have a speedy and successful recovery. Second, the best way to sell the bike is just what you did, ask a bunch of enthusiasts "how do I sell my CB1100DLX?" lol

Where in Florida? I will be down there for vacation in the not too distant future....interested
 
Thread starter
Thank you everybody. I'm in Orlando, FL. I am thinking $8900 since I only have 1200 miles and don't ride much. What do you guys think? I think I need at least 25 posts before I can post in classifieds. Thanks again.
 
I would say around 8500.00 would be a good starting point if its stock and in excellent condition. Honda put big discounts on this bike to sell them off so starting at original msrp and working down would be tough. My 14 standard was discounted 2k right on the dealer floor. If I tried selling mine by deducting from original msrp of 10400 and added depreciation it would be around the same price I paid for it new with the manufacturers discount of 8200.00 Unfortunately too many people know that they are already discounted at the dealer for the leftovers so if its not priced right someone would just buy new than look at a used one for nearly the same price.
You would realistically get 7500 to 8k for it on the high end.
Carguy1959_imp said:
Not knowing what part of Florida you are in, year round riding or ? I pesonnelly would wait till spring, best time to sell. This time of year is the best time to buy. There are 5 Standards on eBay right now varying in price. There was a guy selling a 14 DLX from Michigan on here asking I think around $12000. Yours has lower miles. Hope you get better soon and maybe you will change your mind. If it is a must sell, start high, you can always go down. Good luck.
The original new msrp was not even 12000. Think that number is a little off.
 
2014 DLX MSRP was $11,899 plus $350 destination, which gets you to $12,249 before documentation, dealer fees, etc. I'm not aware that Honda offered any factory incentives to clear out this model, since they were fairly limited and sold out quickly. The standards are a different story.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
2014 DLX MSRP was $11,899 plus $350 destination, which gets you to $12,249 before documentation, dealer fees, etc. I'm not aware that Honda offered any factory incentives to clear out this model, since they were fairly limited and sold out quickly. The standards are a different story.
There was as far back as May 2015 and still is a $1000.00 Bonus Bucks on the 2014 CB1100 DLX
 
Thanks. I'm aware of the Bonus Bucks, but the '14 DLX has been sold out for some time (well, at least since August according to American Honda).
 
cycletrader.com shows a number of 2014 DLX models for sale at various dealers. This doesn't mean they actually are for sale but you can always call and check. Once you find one, go to the dealer website to see if it seems to be in stock and available.
 
Honda had 2k off msrp when I bought my 2014 standard. Maybe it was only for standards but I do remember Honda webite stating 2k off all CB1100s in early 2015 due to year end clearence.
 
DON'T SELL!My 2013 is sitting since I suffered a series of TIAs in 2014 that left me with some balance issues. Riding was near impossible and I still struggle but I will recover and will return to the saddle. Don't quit and get better. BTW, I also had by-pass years ago and there is a period of depression that often follows the event. Don't give up.
 
From what I can see the Delux is very limited and may not have been discounted as much. I take back what I stated earlier and would say 9500 may be a good starting point for selling it. Lots of standards for real cheap but could barley find any deluxes.
 
I think you would be nuts to sell that bike for $8500...There are less than 500 of them in the country, some will be crashed, others left outside to the elements, abused or butchered into cafe or "customs". If Honda never brings them back, I predict that pristine deluxe models will hold their value well.
Just look at the Transalp, Hawk GT, CB-1, RC30, CBX, GB500, CT500 Turbo, and many other "weird, obscure" Hondas that were showroom failures in the U.S. and 20 years later are still selling for a large percentage, or much more, than their original MSRP.

Look how many here have mentioned looking for one or regret not getting one over the standard. I feel lucky to have found mine in like new condition.
 
Back
Top