Sell or trade your CB1100 for a 2017 CB1100

No trade. I really like my black 14 std. However, I think I like the 4-2 exhaust and the wire wheels on the 17 EX even more. So maybe I'd give my 14 std to my son and buy the 17 EX for myself. ;)
 
Sounds like an awesome solution
 
I'm very satisfied with my '13 so no plans to invest in the '17, however, what's more likely after seeing the '17 in person is to pick a few items from the parts catalog.... aka LED front headlight...if it's a direct fit....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I wouldn't hesitate to get a new one if I could use your credit card.

Haven't even gotten a decent start on breaking my '13 in yet. Give it 70,000 miles and I'll see what's new. I like to get my money's worth out of a motorcycle. Definitely not investment vehicles, that's why I don't go crazy on accessories for the first year or two.
 
Can't imagine doing a trade on a '17. Just got my '14 middle of last year, want to give it a couple years at least to get to know it.
5d1a9bd40d466c6824537b2a71692ed9.jpg
 
Well according to the Honda shop here there will not be any 2017's coming to Canada. The black one I saw there was a 2016 and I like my 2014 better,,,,
 
lash_imp said:
Well according to the Honda shop here there will not be any 2017's coming to Canada. The black one I saw there was a 2016 and I like my 2014 better,,,,
Well that's not good news. I guess I will continue my search on Cycle Trader for a used 2014 Deluxe.
 
I will likely be interested in buying a 2017. I would keep the 2013 though.
 
When I get on my CB I am so delighted with the lightness of handling, throttle response, the deep and quiet exhaust sound from my stock muffler and most importantly, the perfect handlebar orientation with the totally open perspective of my surroundings afforded by this standard bike. I simply can't imagine an appreciable bang for the buck with so much value still remaining in my machine.

No single motorcycle can do everything well. My VFR's were sophisticated bliss. My two Tuono twins had wonderful torque, excitement and handling. I've settled into the very few compromises my 2014 presents. There's money down on a 2017 Husky 701 supermoto with dollars that could well could go to another CB but this investment will bring about diversity and a changed perspective on rides, never a replacement for my current experiences.

The 1100 syncs so well with my requirements and personal characteristics. I'll love the '17 by loving what I have right now until/if something similar comes along with substantial performance characteristics that resonate with my disposition. I can only imagine that my desire for a new model would be me chasing my tail, all the time being exactly where I am.

Hello!
Is it me you're looking for?
'cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you
 
I think the sales of the 2017 CB's will be few. The reason I say this is, most of the people who love this type of retro bike have already bought one. It is funny when they weren't shipping 2015 an 16's here lots of people on this forum were complaining about it. Now that we are getting new ones, nobody wants one. Maybe in a year or 2 the 17's will be heavily discounted like the 14's. I for one will not buy a new one, because of the mods to make it work for me will have to be done all over again.
 
Nope, i had a 1978 CB 750 and loved it but wanted something different this time .. Something less bulky and those wire wheels were hard to keep clean ..

So I got the 2013 standard red one with the slim and sleek seamed tank with the black/silver mag wheels and the black motor/alloy head and to me my 2013 is perfect with some regular mods ..
 
Not me. The '17 is nice but it cost twice what I paid for my '14 and I know it's not going to be twice the bike that I've got.
 
Back
Top