Seen some for sale with 100-200 miles.

rekit_imp said:
FUZZY_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Fuzzy you might as well ask him if he's in the USA as big as Texas is. :P
No doubt! May get lucky & He's right around the corner?
No doubt! May get lucky & He's right around the corner? HaHa- turns out I am right around the corner! Probably have some pics of TWO CB's together soon. I hope Fuzzy has a red CB, that's what I picked out. <G>
No doubt! May get lucky & He's right around the corner? HaHa- turns out I am right around the corner! Probably have some pics of TWO CB's together soon. I hope Fuzzy has a red CB, that's what I picked out. <G>
Never know in the great state of TEXAS. LOL. Holler when you pick it up!
 
Thread starter
I didn't buy it. As soon I revved it up to 3-4000 the vibration was horrible. Bars, pegs, even the seat was just dancing. I was shocked. Way worse at 4-5K. I told em there must be something wrong with this bike.
 
Thats interesting. One bike doing that was assembled with the timing chain off by one tooth. Or so the dealer and Honda said. Was discussed on the UK board. I wonder if more than one was done wrong...
 
New member here. Thought I'd check out the board and found this thread - I'm looking at a CB1100 in Clearwater, FL with 115 miles - dealer is asking $8800.

Is this vibration issue very common?

Currently I ride a 2010 Fury and 1992 R100RT. I sold a 2008 Bonneville last August and have been looking a newer Bonnies and the CB1100 to replace. I'm 6'0" with a 32" inseam and thought the seating on the CB100 was a little tight, and the foot controls relatively (compared to Bonneville) small. But .... I love the CB.
 
gaterzfan_imp said:
New member here. Thought I'd check out the board and found this thread - I'm looking at a CB1100 in Clearwater, FL with 115 miles - dealer is asking $8800.

Is this vibration issue very common?

Currently I ride a 2010 Fury and 1992 R100RT. I sold a 2008 Bonneville last August and have been looking a newer Bonnies and the CB1100 to replace. I'm 6'0" with a 32" inseam and thought the seating on the CB100 was a little tight, and the foot controls relatively (compared to Bonneville) small. But .... I love the CB.
I'm 6' and 32" inseam as well. I found the CB to be roomier than the Bonnie. However, your legs are definitely more tucked. I actually like the more sporty position; however, if you are riding a Fury, I'm sure it feels cramped.
 
I met one guy up in MD who said he was trading his CB in for a different bike with less than 300 on the clock.
He thought the CB was going to be a rocket and is very disappointed.
I love mine but I did my homework and knew what I was buying.
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
I met one guy up in MD who said he was trading his CB in for a different bike with less than 300 on the clock.
He thought the CB was going to be a rocket and is very disappointed.
I love mine but I did my homework and knew what I was buying.
Gentlemen,

Compared to my Bonneville the CB is a rocket. It feels as quick as my air cooled Ducati and is certainly faster than almost all vintage CBs. Strange that someone would buy a vintage style air cooled bike and expect class leading performance. Compared to the bikes I am use to riding, the CB screams.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Buffalorider_imp said:
I met one guy up in MD who said he was trading his CB in for a different bike with less than 300 on the clock.
He thought the CB was going to be a rocket and is very disappointed.
I love mine but I did my homework and knew what I was buying.
Gentlemen,

Compared to my Bonneville the CB is a rocket. It feels as quick as my air cooled Ducati and is certainly faster than almost all vintage CBs. Strange that someone would buy a vintage style air cooled bike and expect class leading performance. Compared to the bikes I am use to riding, the CB screams.

Chip
Gentlemen,

Compared to my Bonneville the CB is a rocket. It feels as quick as my air cooled Ducati and is certainly faster than almost all vintage CBs. Strange that someone would buy a vintage style air cooled bike and expect class leading performance. Compared to the bikes I am use to riding, the CB screams.

Chip
It would be one thing if it were a supersport poseur but the CB doesn't exactly look like it's ready to take on the salt flats. Why would anyone think it's going to be a rocket :huh:
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
I met one guy up in MD who said he was trading his CB in for a different bike with less than 300 on the clock.
He thought the CB was going to be a rocket and is very disappointed.
I love mine but I did my homework and knew what I was buying.
I thought my GL1800 would be a great track bike. Maybe a Honda Fury would be much better. :angel:

Anyone who thought an air-cooled, retro-styled motorcycle with skinny 18" tires was going to be a "rocket" probably shouldn't be throwing $10,000 around without doing their homework first. :huh:
 
You know who thinks this is a rocket? Allstate. I'm still in shock over how much they quoted me for insurance after switching from my Nighthawk. When my term expires in a few months I'm switching, probably to Progressive.
 
Randy_S_imp said:
You know who thinks this is a rocket? Allstate. I'm still in shock over how much they quoted me for insurance after switching from my Nighthawk. When my term expires in a few months I'm switching, probably to Progressive.
Know what u mean. I have everything with Allstate but CB is with Progressive.
 
Thread starter
Yep Progressive wanted almost $200/yr for liability for the CB. Returned it and bought the NH750 vintage 1999. $135/yr for full coverage. I don't think I'm gonna make that much smaller dent in whatever I hit with the NH....
 
I only have liability coverage on my motorcycles but Allstate is only charging me $39 a year for my CB11. Maybe because it's tacked on to 3 other bikes I already have insured with them. I've been pretty happy with Allstate.

Chip
 
Back
Top