Seen some for sale with 100-200 miles.

rekit_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello, I'm new to the forum but not bikes. Fell in love with the new CB. Has anyone else noticed a few for sale with VERY low miles? I found one near me and will call the guy tomorrow and see what he says. Also, how are the vibes on this bike? I've seen mention of vibes in the seat around 5000 rpm and bars also. Be honest, now. Also, I'm 6'2-any complaints from other tall riders on the footpeg placement?

81 CBX, 76 Z1 (new), 2006 Connie (horrible buzzbomb), 84 Sabre, 2004 Mean Streak, 80 KZ1000, 06 Yamaha TTR250 (A jewel), 71 Norton Commando, and many others.
 
rekit_imp said:
Hello, I'm new to the forum but not bikes. Fell in love with the new CB. Has anyone else noticed a few for sale with VERY low miles? I found one near me and will call the guy tomorrow and see what he says. Also, how are the vibes on this bike? I've seen mention of vibes in the seat around 5000 rpm and bars also. Be honest, now. Also, I'm 6'2-any complaints from other tall riders on the footpeg placement?

81 CBX, 76 Z1 (new), 2006 Connie (horrible buzzbomb), 84 Sabre, 2004 Mean Streak, 80 KZ1000, 06 Yamaha TTR250 (A jewel), 71 Norton Commando, and many others.
Lack of accessories would be an issue for some. I have had mine up to 5,000 in third gear and I was just trying to hang on, not worried about vibrations.
 
My dealer had a used bike not a CB1100) for sale that never even left the lot! They guy bought it drove it around their big lot and said he didn't like it. Had less than a mile on it.

Some other low mileage bikes they said people buy, ride around for a short time and just try something else. I had friends that would do that with cars. I guess it means someone else will get a low mileage good deal.

I usually buy something and keep it forever. Others, not so much.
 
rekit_imp said:
Hello, I'm new to the forum but not bikes. Fell in love with the new CB. Has anyone else noticed a few for sale with VERY low miles? I found one near me and will call the guy tomorrow and see what he says. Also, how are the vibes on this bike? I've seen mention of vibes in the seat around 5000 rpm and bars also. Be honest, now. Also, I'm 6'2-any complaints from other tall riders on the footpeg placement?

81 CBX, 76 Z1 (new), 2006 Connie (horrible buzzbomb), 84 Sabre, 2004 Mean Streak, 80 KZ1000, 06 Yamaha TTR250 (A jewel), 71 Norton Commando, and many others.
Vibration is minimal but I suppose it depends on your point of reference. My last bike was a BMW X-country (thumper) so the CB11 is silky smooth. I can get it 'buzzy' at some midrange RPM's in lower gears but don't feel anything in the 4-5k range at highway speeds (75-80+). As for size, again, I think it depends on what you are used to. If you are coming from a GSA, Tenere or some other bike where you are very upright, this bike will feel very small and probably cramped, especially since your legs are much more tucked. If you are used to a folded up supersport position it will feel roomy. At 6', I was a bit concerned about this figuring I would want to get the higher seat. While I don't think the seat is particularly comfortable, I've found the distances (peg to seat, seat to bars, etc.) to be fine.
Alas, the only way to tell is to sit on it and take it for a spin. And if you are seeing used ones, you should have no problem getting an extended test ride.
 
Thread starter
Going to look at one Friday. It's a Stealership, guy bought it, rode it 300 miles, traded it in for a ZX14. He should have done his homework. I've nearly lost my license on a lot less than 80 HP.<G> They said for a test ride I need MC endorsement, MC insurance. Has anyone got the taller Honda seat? How much $? Or just wait for a Corbin maybe.......
 
I have very long legs, 33 or 34" inseam, but I'm thin and in good shape, come from an old 900 Ninja, I'm fine with the seating/peg position...but, may not know any better.
 
rekit_imp said:
Going to look at one Friday. It's a Stealership, guy bought it, rode it 300 miles, traded it in for a ZX14. He should have done his homework. I've nearly lost my license on a lot less than 80 HP.<G> They said for a test ride I need MC endorsement, MC insurance. Has anyone got the taller Honda seat? How much $? Or just wait for a Corbin maybe.......
corbins are usually lower than stock and push you back into the back of the seat like a cruiser. -not good for control IMO.
I don't think Honda has a tall seat option available in the US
 
So...you've found "one" used one for sale, or "some" used ones for sale. Big difference.

I currently find only three CB1100's on eBay in the United States. All of them are at dealerships, and all of them brand-new with 0 miles.
 
I"ve not seen any used ones for sale in my area at all. Since I-4s dont have perfect primary balance there is always going to be some vibes, but they are hardly objectionable on this bike. Personally I spend near zero time above 5 grand.I tend to be a short shifter, in 5th gear pretty quickly and 5 grand in 5th would be like 90 mph and since I tend to run within a few mph of the speed limit and the highest speed limit we have around here is 70...well you probably get my drift.

Somewhere around 6 foot tall is where the comfy ergo break is. Its a relatively small bike with relatively up and back footpegs. Some tall guys have an issue with it, some dont. You'll have to find one to sit on to see if you are ok with it.
 
Coming from my 06 Connie this thing feels like an electric motor.
I might wait on a peg lowering kit like I had on the Connie.
 
I'm 6'4" and the only problem I have is the stock seat pushes me too far forward. I feel like I need to be sitting back 2 or 3 more inches.
 
Fuzzy you might as well ask him if he's in the USA as big as Texas is. :P
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
acemagu_imp said:
Coming from my 06 Connie this thing feels like an electric motor.
I might wait on a peg lowering kit like I had on the Connie.
What is a Connie???

Chip
What is a Connie???

Chip
Kawasaki Concours the original long running Ninja 1000 based one, nice bike (not the newer ZX-14 based one).
 
Thread starter
Houston, east side. I'll PM ya.
I had an 06 Connie (Kawasaki Concours). OMG, what did they do to my butter-smooth Z1 engine? No sweet spot, just vibes from hell. And a noisy engine. For a water cooled motor, man! My CBX was waay quieter-an air-cooled 6 cylinder! Beautiful bike tho. In the forums they had a section called Anonymous Connie Droppers, Never understood till it happened to me. When that 6-7 gallons of fuel wants to go-you couldn't stop it. Thank goodness my Lexus was close enuf to catch it on the way down <G>.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
acemagu_imp said:
Coming from my 06 Connie this thing feels like an electric motor.
I might wait on a peg lowering kit like I had on the Connie.
What is a Connie???

Chip
What is a Connie???

Chip
[/Kawasaki Concours 1000
rekit_imp said:
Houston, east side. I'll PM ya.
I had an 06 Connie (Kawasaki Concours). OMG, what did they do to my butter-smooth Z1 engine? No sweet spot, just vibes from hell. And a noisy engine. For a water cooled motor, man! My CBX was waay quieter-an air-cooled 6 cylinder! Beautiful bike tho. In the forums they had a section called Anonymous Connie Droppers, Never understood till it happened to me. When that 6-7 gallons of fuel wants to go-you couldn't stop it. Thank goodness my Lexus was close enuf to catch it on the way down <G>.
I can relate
 
Thread starter
FUZZY_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Fuzzy you might as well ask him if he's in the USA as big as Texas is. :P
No doubt! May get lucky & He's right around the corner?
No doubt! May get lucky & He's right around the corner? HaHa- turns out I am right around the corner! Probably have some pics of TWO CB's together soon. I hope Fuzzy has a red CB, that's what I picked out. <G>
 
Back
Top