secondhand

Man they want a lot of money for it.
 
Hey Alprider! If I didn't already have mine I would have been very interested. When Honda Suisse proposed those I almost bought one like yours.

I will check around my area if there is any interest and lead them to your add.

Popgun, you can't compare to prices in the US. The rest of the world have to pay a lot more for bikes (and cars), and so the price Alprider is asking is actually very reasonable for over here.
 
bigsheep_imp said:
Plus eventually the paint flakes...
Is this really true? Are there black-engine CB1100's with flaking paint? I can understand that the paint could come off if the engine is physically damaged but I would expect the paint to be very heat-resistant.

(sorry to hijack this thread)
 
Bioman, it seems to be the case. Mine has flaked all over the engine. Although much of it will be from damage from chips and normal wear, there are some parts where it’s just come off. The British CB1100 forum (no longer with us) had plenty of reports of flaking paint on the fins. Fin rot it was called.
 
From my experience and info, 2010-2013 with black engine were prone do flake and chip...anything after = big improvement.
My previous, 2013/black had few flakes as well (56,000kms).
Present, 2014/black is OK so far at 37,000kms
 
Back
Top