Second ride...

quietguy_imp

Been there
Thread starter
3 hours, 100 miles, 46.6 mpg. 54F, light breeze, blue skies.

Incredible motorcycle... Smooth as silk.

COME ON spring! :biker:

... qg
 
Sounds like you are really enjoying your CB. Still waiting for the first ride of 2016. Today is the first day above 32 deg in 9 days. Roads still have snow in spots.
Ride safe my friend.
 
Thread starter
I am, Rick, thanks.

I hope you're able to ride very soon... I understand that "pent-up" feeling of being unable to ride. Hang in there.
 
Well done QG. Here's to number three!
 
Thread starter
Thank you very much, Cormanus!

I am so enamored with this CB1100. I loved the CB550 Four I had back in 1975 but this new motorcycle takes the fundamentals of that bike and simply expands them beyond what I thought possible. It's so smooth, incredible torque at almost every level and comfortable. I really didn't want to stop riding this afternoon... had to laugh at myself.
 
Glad you got out, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for you regarding winter....your spring starts when? In like three weeks? Lol. Keep riding! Oh..and look for a trailer unless you're riding up to VA in June.
 
Thread starter
Sorry, MTC... Living in your neck of the wood would require me to get counseling.

I'll probably have to take a raincheck on the rally this year my friend... time, finances and distance.

... qg
 
Wonderful that you like the bike so much. I feel likewise about mine...I am intent on getting more seating comfort, but that will come in time...
 
Thread starter
I hear you, Bob... My old bum does get a bit of burn going on along about the 1 hour mark, or 50 miles.

I'll probably go the Corbin route... but that I will have to do some saving for. Also, I'm tall and long legged so I'll most likely have 'em add a minimum of 1/2" to the seat height.

Two rides and I am completely impressed with this machine. Yesterday's ride was just as enjoyable as the first. Yeah, I missed a couple of upshifts - probably didn't have my foot well placed. And one time, at a stop light in 2nd I couldn't get her down to first... stuck in Neutral till I operated the clutch lever once, then it went to 1st no problem.

Just amazing how smooth it is, and how comfortable the ride. Still getting use to the leg and foot position.
 
Try Motoskivees...I haven't had enough riding in mine to form a firm opinion, but so far, I like them a lot.
 
Back
Top