Seattle Rear fender eliminator help

Call me old fashioned, but I always wonder why folks want to eliminate that big beautiful piece of chromed steel that gives the CB such a classic look.

-Old Fashioned :D
 
Thread starter
To each their own. If I had unlimited funds and storage space I would do one of each.
 
Thread starter
Here are a couple pictures of the kit on my EX.
e9870d32d6fa38968b8404f49b59c692.jpg
a8d7e294ad0aad53aaef3951bb38d28d.jpg
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Call me old fashioned, but I always wonder why folks want to eliminate that big beautiful piece of chromed steel that gives the CB such a classic look.

-Old Fashioned :D
i just opted to replace it with a different kind of classic :-p

also weight, i imagine.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Call me old fashioned, but I always wonder why folks want to eliminate that big beautiful piece of chromed steel that gives the CB such a classic look.

-Old Fashioned :D
+1
 
I have to admit I don't understand the whole fender elimination thing (not that I need to.. individuals choice and all). Especially on a bike like the CB. Maybe on a sport bike to make it look more like a road racer? Maybe shorter or made slimmer on a bobber or chopper? But eliminated entirely doesn't make sense to me. But then again I enjoy looking at fenders. Chromed, painted , stainless, rolled edges, hand pin striped. I think fenders are cool.

I also don't understand tiny little turn signals.

or stubby little mufflers

Maybe it's a generational thing? or I'm just getting old (most likely)
 
^^ Me too.

It’s not at all the same, but I remember removing the rear fender on my push bike as a kid and getting a good soaking the minute the road was wet.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I have to admit I don't understand the whole fender elimination thing (not that I need to.. individuals choice and all). Especially on a bike like the CB. Maybe on a sport bike to make it look more like a road racer? Maybe shorter or made slimmer on a bobber or chopper? But eliminated entirely doesn't make sense to me. But then again I enjoy looking at fenders. Chromed, painted , stainless, rolled edges, hand pin striped. I think fenders are cool.

I also don't understand tiny little turn signals.

or stubby little mufflers

Maybe it's a generational thing? or I'm just getting old (most likely)
I don't know, I'm the next generation after you and I don't understand either.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
^^ Me too.

It’s not at all the same, but I remember removing the rear fender on my push bike as a kid and getting a good soaking the minute the road was wet.
Funny you should mention that. I ran into the same problem about a month ago. Made me wonder why mountain bikes didn't have rear fenders.

4efd19f62ef5776282e8b20530eb4844.jpg
 
LOL! Very familiar, Flyn. I've wondered the same thing. Maybe bike companies have done a deal with washing machine or detergent manufacturers? :D
 
Back
Top