Seat strap

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hi fellas, I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmas day. I have a quick question: What is the purpose of the side-to-side strap that comes on the saddle of our bikes?

As a side note; it bugs me immensely that the original owner of my bike decided to remove it and I want it back.
 
That was put there for a passenger to hold on to back in the day. I don't know anyone who would trust it to hold them on, so I really think it is there now just for the retro look. You could make a fake one pretty easily with some vinyl and a sewing machine.
 
The strap on my '11 V7 Classic was sewn to the seat. The pillion couldn't get their fingers under it if they tried. On that bike, it was a styling exercise, nothing more. On our CB's, yes, it's intended as a grab strap for the pillion.
 
Back
Top