I didn't ask... since it's not practical as a rider... but not pretty enough to display.
The registration sticker is '71 and the bike looks all original and unmolested. Key is in the headlight.
So Mark....I googled that brand... and this site popped up... interestingly while several of the engines look the same... the tank and seats don't...
Looks like a Sears version of the Gilera 124. Decent bike of the period, had 4 and 5 speed models.
Oddly, the US importer was based in Long Beach, Ca., rather than East Coast.
I knew one kid that had a Sears 106 in 1969 when I was riding a Suzuki Wolf 100. The 106 could not beat my Suzuki, as we all raced each other. My 100cc bike claimed 10HP, not sure what the 106 was rated at, but we all thought it looked a bit funny compared to our bikes, which ranged from a Kawasaki 90 to a Honda 90. The slowest bike was the Honda 90, could not compete with the 2-stroke acceleration.