Score! Ohlins HO-010 shocks for $550

Huladog_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Not sure if this was an fluke or I got lucky or if they're going to make anymore available but I stumbled across a set of new Ohlins HO-010 (the model for our bikes) for $550.00 + $15.00 standard shipping from eBay seller "Ohlinusa" in Hendersonville, NC so looks like they're the real deal Ohlins distributor.

Haven't seen another one posted online but you may want to check it out.

Figuring since the Ikons now start at $420 in standard configuration the $130 premium for the Ohlins would be acceptable!

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Wow! $550 for a set?! I looked on eBay but nothing was listed under this seller. If this is legit, congrats, you got a screaming deal!

Edit: I found the seller, it's ohlinsusa, but unfortunately, none left...:@
 
Thread starter
Yeah, I had to keep double-checking to be sure I was getting two shocks! I read the listing several times, even went back and looked at the pictures to be sure it was the right part number (they had a photo of the label) and they showed two shocks in all the pics, zoomed in to see the parts.

Ohlins USA emailed me that the order was shipped, so they're the real deal. Maybe they're clearing inventory before the new year.

Keep an eye on their listings, I guess you never know what will show up.
 
Thread starter
Chip, I'm following in your footsteps which is how I figured out the right part number!

Aloha,
Huladog
 
That's an awesome deal. I eBay messaged the seller as to if they have more pairs they haven't listed yet, or if they are just clearing out. I'll post what they write back.
 
Huladog_imp said:
Chip, I'm following in your footsteps which is how I figured out the right part number!

Aloha,
Huladog
Huladog,

I'm probably going to put some Ohlins on my new Sportster 48 as well. The ride is pretty bone jarring on that little bike. You'll like those shocks. Top quality stuff.

Chip
 
Called OhlinsUSA

Two pairs left for $550 then none. Since Honda isn't making the bike for the USA, they aren't going to stock these shocks.

See "General Discussion"
 
Thanks! That would be 14.25" in American. I have a set of vintage but new S&W shocks and some nice Progressive Suspension springs I may try... the S&W are 13.5" I think (will have to check).
 
EGAlvarez_imp said:
DRATS! Another lesson learned about sitting on the fence too long! :dodgy:
Sorry! Couldn't resist. Maybe pick up some Ikons, and we'll swap bikes for a ride sometime to do an official review. (Though a review won't be super helpful if there aren't any more left, I guess.) :-/
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
EGAlvarez_imp said:
DRATS! Another lesson learned about sitting on the fence too long! :dodgy:
Sorry! Couldn't resist. Maybe pick up some Ikons, and we'll swap bikes for a ride sometime to do an official review. (Though a review won't be super helpful if there aren't any more left, I guess.) :-/
Sorry! Couldn't resist. Maybe pick up some Ikons, and we'll swap bikes for a ride sometime to do an official review. (Though a review won't be super helpful if there aren't any more left, I guess.) :-/
Sounds good...Congrats, I don't blame you at all. I was trying to jump on them too!

When I called this morning Joey said that his phone was on fire and that they SOLD OUT by 0900!

I did learn a little from Joey, who was nice enough to educate me a little.
1. Most OEM bikes are sprung for 170 pound riders (not me since my Army days 20 years ago!)
2. The sag should be 1/3 the spring travel. I confirmed the proper way to check sag as well.
3. It's the oil, nitrogen and valves inside the shock that make the ride supple, not the spring.
4. The ability to raise the rear end of the bike with a quality shock will keep both wheels firmly planted on the road, it will shift some weight forward making turns quicker and with less effort, the bike will have more ground clearance and the planted feel will greatly increase confidence in the bike when being pushed hard.
5. Ohlins are fully rebuildable every 30,000 miles for $350/set.

I will investigate pricing on Wilburs, Ikon, Fox, Racetech and Traxxion Dynamics suspension systems.
 
Wow, that's a deal. Glad some of you jumped right on it. I just got done installing Ikon shocks on my bike and couldn't be happier for the price.
 
Thread starter
EGAlvarez_imp said:
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
EGAlvarez_imp said:
DRATS! Another lesson learned about sitting on the fence too long! :dodgy:
Sorry! Couldn't resist. Maybe pick up some Ikons, and we'll swap bikes for a ride sometime to do an official review. (Though a review won't be super helpful if there aren't any more left, I guess.) :-/
Sorry! Couldn't resist. Maybe pick up some Ikons, and we'll swap bikes for a ride sometime to do an official review. (Though a review won't be super helpful if there aren't any more left, I guess.) :-/
Sounds good...Congrats, I don't blame you at all. I was trying to jump on them too!

When I called this morning Joey said that his phone was on fire and that they SOLD OUT by 0900!

I did learn a little from Joey, who was nice enough to educate me a little.
1. Most OEM bikes are sprung for 170 pound riders (not me since my Army days 20 years ago!)
2. The sag should be 1/3 the spring travel. I confirmed the proper way to check sag as well.
3. It's the oil, nitrogen and valves inside the shock that make the ride supple, not the spring.
4. The ability to raise the rear end of the bike with a quality shock will keep both wheels firmly planted on the road, it will shift some weight forward making turns quicker and with less effort, the bike will have more ground clearance and the planted feel will greatly increase confidence in the bike when being pushed hard.
5. Ohlins are fully rebuildable every 30,000 miles for $350/set.

I will investigate pricing on Wilburs, Ikon, Fox, Racetech and Traxxion Dynamics suspension systems.
The power of the internet and focused user groups like us, well at least we can focus on stuff when we want to!

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Back
Top