San Marino MotoGP *** Spoiler Alert ****

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
A new racing surface provides lots of grip for all the riders. Lorenzo tops FP2 followed by Marquez.

This is the track that Rossi practices on a R1 throughout the year. However he wasn't completely happy with the track surface and finished 5th behind Pedrosa and Dovi. Rossi won last year and Marquez crashed out chasing him.

Coverage starts at 7:30am EDT on DirecTV channel 219 (Fox Sports 1).
 
Definitely watching it, maybe even live at 4:30am (pacific). I follow MotoGP religiously. As well as WorldSBK and MotoAmerica.
 
Arrggg will be on the road riding back from North Carolina. Got my brother taping it though.
 
Lorenzo breaks track record and takes pole, Marquez second and Rossi third. With a new track surface a new track record is no surprise though. Hope it's a good and close race.
 
Thread starter
One of the most exciting races of the season. Full of surprises. Some great decisions and some poor ones by the riders.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
One of the most exciting races of the season. Full of surprises. Some great decisions and some poor ones by the riders.
Yes indeed, decisions on when to do tire changes made all the difference in this race.
 
well I missed the race because I was on my way back from the 2015 Men's Fall Trip to North Carolina, and I was trying to hold off to watch the race on Tuesday which my brother recorded but couldn't stand it and went to MotoGP.com for the results. Very interesting. Really pulling for Rossi now to get his 10th. Could actually happen. Wouldn't that be something.
 
Was sort of strange to see bits of Lorenzo's rain tire start coming off when he rode it too long in the dry.
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
Was sort of strange to see bits of Lorenzo's rain tire start coming off when he rode it too long in the dry.
He was trying to turn it into a slick.:D

Had Jorge come in when this pit crew signaled him to do so the results may have been quite different.

Five races to go. 23 point spread between 1st and second. Marquez is in a good position to play the spoiler, but I'm pulling for Valentino.
 
It is amazing how much grip you get from rain tires in the wet, and then how quickly they just disintegrate when the track dries. When I was younger I did a fair bit of kart racing on a national level, and can very much remember how I would be going down a straight that was drying seeing how my front rain tires just ripped to pieces! Looks weird, and makes go in to the pits very quickly!

Obviously Rossi thought he could make his last a bit longer...
 
Back
Top