Saliva (not the band)

:rofl: great thread title. At first I thought what the heck? Then the pictures. Good job immgunn!

and another angel gets her wings :angel:

(btw I had no idea there was a band named saliva)
 
As Ferret says, "Perfection"
 
Thread starter
I got mine recently but have yet to install them. Any tips?
[/QUOTE]

Saliva in the rlets and on the lever tips. Push one side of rlet on lever tip as far up as possible and hold there with your fingertip/fingernail. Use your other hand and sheer strength to walk the other side onto the lever.
 
immgunn_imp said:
I got mine recently but have yet to install them. Any tips?

Saliva in the rlets and on the lever tips. Push one side of rlet on lever tip as far up as possible and hold there with your fingertip/fingernail. Use your other hand and sheer strength to walk the other side onto the lever.
[/QUOTE]
Saliva in the rlets and on the lever tips. Push one side of rlet on lever tip as far up as possible and hold there with your fingertip/fingernail. Use your other hand and sheer strength to walk the other side onto the lever.
[/QUOTE]

It helps to tie the brake lever to the handlebar to keep it from moving. The clutch was very cooperative but the brake--Grr.
 
I read here somewhere that it helps to warm the RLETs in your pocket or something before putting them on. That plus anything wet will help.
 
Warming them does help. Set in the sun or heated with a hair dryer or whatever. Makes them pliable.
 
My technique, suggested by my son (who reads motorbike blogs all over the internet just for fun), is to use rubbing alcohol. Just pour a minute amount inside the RLET, then push the rubber collar onto the lever end, and, voila, it slips right on. The alcohol evaporates through the little hole at the ball end and around the collar. Gradually the RLET firms up and does not slip on the lever end. Have fun!:biker:
 
I can appreciate the RLET love......Wish I could join the fray. Seriously!
I wonder if the Japanese have an RLET love affair? Would be so cool if they did...............BUT
They would have to fit these. (Dollar-for-dollar, my favorite farkle to date. :D
 
Inline,

I managed to get them on an ST which has pretty good size lever balls (shut up Cormanus!) But those look like RLETS just aren't going to fit.

Really nice levers though!
 
It seems that spitting into the RLET before installation is an important intimate ritual, a bit of rider´s DNA is transferred to the bike which makes a really strong bond between them! Yay!
 
CBen1100_imp said:
Hairspray (not the musical)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl: there's a musical called hairspray?

I live such a sheltered life :shy:




.
 
Back
Top