Saddle bags

gsisk_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all,
I am considering some small side saddle bags for my CB. Any recommendations? I think the rear turn signals might get in the way so I wanted to see if anyone has experience with them. I have a small canvas bag on the rear seat but need a little more storage and space when I have a rider with me.
Cheers!
Greg
 
If you want to use the bags with a passenger, you are in for a major fitting. You will need brackets to hold the bags and will have to move the turn signals. This is necessary because the bags would cover the rear foot pegs otherwise. There are some gorgeous bags available from Japan WEBIKE in leather for a ludicrous amount of Yen.

If you mostly ride solo, a set of CORTECH bags for about $150 would be quick and easy to put on, and you can take them off quickly and leave them at home if you know you are going to carry a passenger.
 
Thread starter
Hi,
Yeah,the Cortech is the likely option. I generally ride solo but occasionally ride two up and would like to be able to carry some extra gear in any case. I have the Cortech single bag and it works pretty well. I was able to ride in a solid rain storm one day and it kept everything inside dry (with the rain fly, of course.) However, I think I provided most for water barrier...

Looking at the 36 liter side bags from Cortech one but concerned the turn signals will be in the way.
 
I bought the tank panniers from Aerostich and put them on my CB1100 as saddle bags and they work perfect for smaller amounts of luggage.
For longer trips I use the Cortech 2.0 saddle bag and tail bag.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I bought the tank panniers from Aerostich and put them on my CB1100 as saddle bags and they work perfect for smaller amounts of luggage.
For longer trips I use the Cortech 2.0 saddle bag and tail bag.
Well, thank you very much for that tip! I have a mud encrusted set of these in the basement. Used them on my dirt bikes. Gonna have to dig em out and clean em up and see how they do on our CB as saddlebags.

These right?

5ad171c82b071c70884352f0713e7d6e.jpg


8dd4a3e19aaf78b3eaff4f4521f53578.jpg


c4fd5c3b6430af6ff7f9307eecbcce2d.jpg
 
So Ole,

Looks like you are parked in the handicapped spot at the Post Office.

Just send me the fine and I'll forward it to the Feds. ;)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
So Ole,

Looks like you are parked in the handicapped spot at the Post Office.

Just send me the fine and I'll forward it to the Feds. ;)
HA! You can see the headlight was on so it was just a quick pic and go. I had just rode 600 miles of twat (Trans Wis Adventure Trail) and was looking for a campsite.
The TWAT is a mostly dirt ride from Dubuque to Lake Superior. Great ride.
 
Back
Top